I came in peas. Board is testy lately

Laurence said:
Como se dise "órdenes" en engles? :confused:

Since you were fixing spelling errors earlier, I thought I'd fix yours. Your sentence should read ¿Como se dice "órdenes" en inglés? I think I deserve a Bud for that (no cheap mexican beer for me!).

justin said:
Since you were fixing spelling errors earlier, I thought I'd fix yours.  Your sentence should read ¿Como se dice "órdenes" en inglés?  I think I deserve a Bud for that (no cheap mexican beer for me!). 
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Wow, if you want a never ending argument just get 5 people together to translate a Spanish sentence.  That's why I limit my Spanish to what I need to survive.
Querría una comida feliz por favor

JPatrick said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Wow, if you want a never ending argument just get 5 people together to translate a Spanish sentence. That's why I limit my Spanish to what I need to survive.
Querría una comida feliz por favor

"Querría una comida feliz por favor"

You actually should have said... well, never mind. Enjoy your corona.

justin said:
"Querría una comida feliz por favor"

You actually should have said... well, never mind.  Enjoy your corona. 
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: That's what I mean about translation.
I was trying to order a happy meal, but I guess if they give me a Corona that's fine. :D

I've only had to speak it (basic southern california survival skill), so I never learned spelling and grammer. I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere. :D

Lawrence,

Me too.

Lived in Puerto Rico for a few years and learned mostly to listen, read some, speak some and write very little. Caribbean Spainish is a bit different from Mexican or even South American forms and are very different from the real thing in Spain.

I got screwed up because I took French in HS and college so trying to pick up Spainish was a trip....kept mixing up the verbs and now can't even spell English most of the time. :confused:

Laurence said:
I've only had to speak it (basic southern california survival skill), so I never learned spelling and grammer. I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere. :D

I found the joke. You mispelled grammar.

B.A. in Spanish Language and Literature here. But I think I have forgotten most of the finer points.

You mispelled grammar.

When I worked for an educational computer game company, we created a product called "The Grammar Examiner."  When we got the thousands of packages back from the printer, we found there was a blurb on the back in which we'd spelled it "grammer." 

What did we do? We put a small promotional sticker right on top of the misspelling.

bruce1 said:
Peas porridge hot
Peas porridge cold
Peas porridge in the pot
Nine days old
:D
Don't know why but this thread reminded me of this. People used to (hundreds of years ago) eat peas porridge. Hot at night Cold in the morning and sometimes they kept it in the pot for many days.

I want my Corona!

About 20 years ago, I used to go to a popular dairy restaurant in NYC where they served a fantastic pea soup among the many delicious soups they offered. It came with all you can eat freshly made challah rolls and authentic rye bread.
Yummy and cheap too. Give me a simple meal every time. :)

Dreamer said:
I have included some posters in my prayers also. You owe me a Corona also and I will take mine with a burrito!
Dreamer

You want your prays to be rewarded with drink. :eek:

Sacrilege!

I'll pray for you as well. Make mine a martini with an olive. ;)

MJ

Speak about enough Spanish to order food and beer... :p

Took hs Latin in 1968-69; don't remember much of that, for sure.

I'm accomplished enough in Spanish to know a little slang..

"Como usted frejole, cabrito?", which translates loosely to "how you bean, kid?" :LOL:

REW

Just had to bring goats into this, didn't you?? ;)

I can say "take off your pants", but damned if I'm going to try to write it, what with the spelling sharks circling... :p

HFWR,
With the young Latinas in LA I mastered that phrase long ago.

It's " Remove your pants, please." por favor!!!

I guess we know which of you guys Dreamer was praying for :D

Cariño, mi amor, te quiero mucho. Quítate los pantalones chica, y encántame con tu belleza.

Or similar.

ha

HaHa,
OK, where were you when I was 18-19 years old in LA.   :D   That Mexican phraseology could have netted me a score.  My "Hey you little tortilla, get your gear off" was not productive.  :'(    I left LA at 40 as a Virgin and they just produced a movie about me.  

OK so a few $mil in royalties may sooth my 4 Noble Truths and my 8 Fold Path is on hold.
8)

HaHa said:
Carino, mi amor, te quiero mucho. Quitate los pantolones chica, y hagame encantado con tu belleza.

Or similar.

ha
Ah Yes,  I've heard those words before, I believe it was my Spanish Proctologist. :eek:

Hey, since it appears that we will henceforth be having all important conversations in Spanish, could some one please tell me how to make the tilde and accent marks?

Ha

Tilde moved back to Mexico and Accent is available in most major SuperMarkets. :D

And I want to know the Spanish phrase for "spread your cheeks"? Damn Mexican doctors need to be clear what the gig is.

esparza las mejillas,Dude

and see the receptionist on the way out

Back
Top Bottom