I Finally Made It

RASAP

Recycles dryer sheets
It's been a long time coming but I have finally made it to ER. I have been mostly lurking on these forums for a long time and have gained a lot of knowledge as a result of doing so. This forum has also been one of my big inspirations to RE. Thanks to all for that.

Last February (2008) I announced my plans to retire at the end of April (2008). After some discussion with my manager and since I was in the middle of a project, we mutually agreed that I would continue part-time (two 8-hour days per week) for 8 weeks. After the first 6 weeks, this part-time arrangement was extended for 6 more weeks. I was really liking this arrangement because I was getting the time to myself I had so much been looking forward to, I got to keep my benefits (big plus on the medical insurance), and working only 2 days a week was almost like being fully retired (at least that's how it seemed to me).

Well, we kept extending my part-time arrangement until 12/23/2008. Deciding to go through with it (retirement) amidst the downturn in the markets (and my portfolio) was a little hair-raising to say the least. But here I am and I'm loving it, even though we have scaled back on our budget a bit.

So, I just wanted to say thanks again to all of the regular posters and I'm looking forward to the continued learning experience.

Well, I'm more of a "lurker" than regular poster, but Welcome to the rest of your life! I have no regrets as I enter my 8th month.

t.r.

Congratulations! :D
DH will have his working [-]daze[/-] days behind him after the 26th of this month. Should be an interesting ride........
sFun_tornado.gif
...........:D

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy a long retirement!!

Way to go! That is a great accomplishment. Take time to be proud of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom