I'm all a-FIRE

ScottFromUtah

Recycles dryer sheets
My university department held my retirement reception (well attended, I might add), and I held a milk-and-cookies party on the last day of my last class. Today, I turned in the last of my grades and signed off on the last of my Ph.D. committee assignments.

I'm done. FIREd. OK, so the earlier retirement is only 3 years early, but hey, it's still considered early.

I have big goals and big plans. I've already started them. Gosh, everyday seems like Saturday.

:DTime for some spiked milk punch now? >:D:angel:

ENJOY

Last edited:
Congratulations. I can only imagine...

Thanks, everyone. The only down side is that I have atrial fibrillation and will have an operation (electrophysiology ablation) on July 10, which has held up DW's and my plans to go to Peru for 18 months. My wife and I are madly studying Spanish anyway, in hopes of getting there some day or going to some other Spanish speaking country that might have better cardiac health care.

How do you say "Congratulations!" in Spanish? :)

Happy to hear your good news - let the FIRE begin!

Funny -- today I was thinking about preparing my course outlines for the courses I will teach this fall. 18 months in Peru sounds a lot better! Congrats and good luck with the surgery.

Funny -- today I was thinking about preparing my course outlines for the courses I will teach this fall. 18 months in Peru sounds a lot better! Congrats and good luck with the surgery.
Good luck with the course outlines. I don't know that 18 months in Peru would be better, but it would definitely be different. But the more I talk to my cardiologist, the more I realize that the chance of going to Peru is extremely small. :(

Back
Top Bottom