Just reduced my time left from 147 days to 37!!!

Bryan Barnfellow

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The BS bucket overflowed so much on Friday that even Joe the Plumber couldn't fix it. So Sat morning had coffee with the president at my request and told him, I am done, cooked, at rope's end. He accepted that I will leave on March 31 instead of the previously determined July 17. He understood completely, although I didn't give him much choice. I feel bad for him--he is not the problem; it's a few batcrap crazy board members. Life is just too short. My dear wife cried with overwhelming joy. My replacement was going to come on board on April 1 anyway part time so that we could have a good transition period. Now she will be taking the reins full time and I will consult a little bit in the next few months to help her. Yahoo. On top of that our application for permanent residency here in Switzerland seems to be moving through the channels more rapidly than we expected. Interview with the police next week is the final step I think. We will dress up and leave our dusty immigrant shoes at home :) Just wanted to share this happy news with all the good people on the forum! Last night I slept like a baby for the first time in months and months. -BB

Congratulations! My BS bucket overflowed last April when after paying my golf club membership for the new season, realized that my next 6 weekends would be tied up working uncompensated overtime. Played 120 rounds last season with no regrets. Enjoy!

The BS bucket overflowed so much on Friday that even Joe the Plumber couldn't fix it. So Sat morning had coffee with the president at my request and told him, I am done, cooked, at rope's end. He accepted that I will leave on March 31 instead of the previously determined July 17. He understood completely, although I didn't give him much choice. I feel bad for him--he is not the problem; it's a few batcrap crazy board members. Life is just too short. My dear wife cried with overwhelming joy. My replacement was going to come on board on April 1 anyway part time so that we could have a good transition period. Now she will be taking the reins full time and I will consult a little bit in the next few months to help her. Yahoo. On top of that our application for permanent residency here in Switzerland seems to be moving through the channels more rapidly than we expected. Interview with the police next week is the final step I think. We will dress up and leave our dusty immigrant shoes at home :) Just wanted to share this happy news with all the good people on the forum! Last night I slept like a baby for the first time in months and months. -BB
Wow - congrats. And I'm so glad your DW was crying with JOY!!!

The BS bucket overflowed so much on Friday that even Joe the Plumber couldn't fix it. So Sat morning had coffee with the president at my request and told him, I am done, cooked, at rope's end. He accepted that I will leave on March 31 instead of the previously determined July 17. He understood completely, although I didn't give him much choice. I feel bad for him--he is not the problem; it's a few batcrap crazy board members. Life is just too short. -BB

Bryan - congratulations! Love the "batcrap crazy board members" reference. Been there, done that, understand your position completely! Agree that life is too short.

Congratulations! You picked a good time to leave. You can sleep in late and de-stress while Spring turns into Summer. Hopefully you will hit summer head on with all engines going full blast! Enjoy your new life.

Congratulations! Hope your work time goes quickly!

Congratulations. My DH just retired 2 1/2 weeks ago and he loves it! I think he didn't really realize what a toll megacorp was taking on him. Now he looks so relaxed and we are working on home improvements until next week we start the "retirement trip" in our rv. So excited and can't wait!

That's awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Tears of joy are the best. Congrats BB...to you and your wife! :flowers: -bbb

Dear everyone,

Thanks for all the very nice responses. Cannot wait to report on the first days of liberation!

-BB

Congratulations! You picked a good time to leave. You can sleep in late and de-stress while Spring turns into Summer. Hopefully you will hit summer head on with all engines going full blast! Enjoy your new life.

Such a beautiful thought, Helen. Thanks!

-BB

Congrats Bryan!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

o Sat morning had coffee with the president at my request and told him, I am done, cooked, at rope's end. He accepted that I will leave on March 31 instead of the previously determined July 17. He understood completely, although I didn't give him much choice. I feel bad for him--he is not the problem; it's a few batcrap crazy board members. Life is just too short.

That the boldfaced occurred suggests strongly that he wasn't the problem. If he were a toxic boss it wouldn't have ended this well. Often with a toxic and vindictive boss you may have been fought in some way or another, or shown the door immediately.

Best of luck in your new freedom! :dance:

Congrats to the OP!

That the boldfaced occurred suggests strongly that he wasn't the problem. If he were a toxic boss it wouldn't have ended this well. Often with a toxic and vindictive boss you may have been fought in some way or another, or shown the door immediately.

Saw this happen with my boss. One of my peers walks into his office to tender a resignation and the customary 2 weeks notice. Something happens and he is walking out the door in the same hour! The most likely scenario was that the peer mentioned all the BS which are going on (often originates from the boss), argument ensued, and he was asked to leave that hour. When it comes to my time, I plan to go quietly. No need to forgo my two week's pay, and chance to wrap things up with my employees & peers.

I have to stop reading this forum. It makes going to work very difficult for me.

Congratulations Bryan. I'm so glad you have an awesome boss who understood. Spring is a time a renewal, and yours will be the best type of renewal there is !

Back
Top Bottom