Kicking back

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This place has helped me so much and I plan to stay on board. Thank you all so much! It's just after retiring and moving on a few years ago, I simply have less to add or ask here. I'm just not one of those experts like so many around here. Can only contribute so much to the pet and music threads ;-) Not checking out, just kicking back a bit. I'm sure things will come up I'll want to ask the brave and fierce folks here. Or posts I see that catch my interest. Wanted to mention it in case anyone notices I don't respond to stuff as quickly as I used to. Carry on brave ER folks:) Still here most days. Love, peace and rock and roll! Crosby Stills Nash - Carry On / Questions - YouTube

Last edited:
This place has helped me so much and I plan to stay on board.
I am glad. You have (truly) been one of the "bright spots" over the past five years or so that I have been around.

I'm just not one of those experts like so many around here.

So that's why I feel such a kinship with you (your on-screen persona).

...You have (truly) been one of the "bright spots" over the past five years or so that I have been around...

+1

I usually do not post much (more when on vacation, like this week); but, I do read daily when real life does not crowd out this activity. You have definitely made this a better place over the last few years.

I hope you don't stop with the music threads. They are so enjoyable and bring back so many forgotten songs.

I hope you don't stop with the music threads. They are so enjoyable and bring back so many forgotten songs.
+1

I will never be any kind of an expert, but do enjoy this forum. I hope that you stop by from time to time also.

Take care, Purron.

This place has helped me so much and I plan to stay on board. Thank you all so much! It's just after retiring and moving on a few years ago, I simply have less to add or ask here. I'm just not one of those experts like so many around here. Can only contribute so much to the pet and music threads ;-) Not checking out, just kicking back a bit. I'm sure things will come up I'll want to ask the brave and fierce folks here. Or posts I see that catch my interest. Wanted to mention it in case anyone notices I don't respond to stuff as quickly as I used to. Carry on brave ER folks:) Still here most days. Love, peace and rock and roll! Crosby Stills Nash - Carry On / Questions - YouTube

Not checking out, just kicking back a bit. I'm sure things will come up I'll want to ask the brave and fierce folks here. Or posts I see that catch my interest.
I'm sorry to hear that and I sure hope you don't check out altogether, I've had lots of enjoyable exchanges with you, sounds like they'll be less frequent.:( Might surprise, but I think the enjoyable exchanges are probably more appealing than the serious discussions. Bogleheads is more technical/serious, but it's not much fun. Nothing but "experts" would be tiresome...

But I understand your feelings, I wonder how long I can go on (largely) repeating myself, sometimes a little too persistently. I do feel an obligation for the patience senior members showed me when I was yet another newbie (and they continue to show) unknowingly asking questions they'd answered a hundred times before. And fortunately I still learn here all the time, that will never end...

Last edited:

+1

And don't use that wussy studio version, use this one:

Crosby, Still, Nash & Young Carry on 4 Way Street - YouTube

One of my favorite all-time jams. Wore the oxide off of that eight track! Special kudos to the rhythm section, Calvin Samuels and John Barbata, for some funk starting about halfway through Neil Young's solo, about 6 minutes in.

Purron, I hope you don't kick back too much and will still be active when you feel like it. Need your support for the Caturday thread. I'm kind of like you, not really an expert on anything in particular, but that doesn't stop me:LOL:.

Purron, I have proof you're missed already.

I started a new "songs..." thread Sunday and it's losing steam on Monday. Looking over the posts, I thought "Where's Purron?" which led me to this thread.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Back
Top Bottom