Looking for a Place on a lake

OP - Consider Canada. You will get about a 30% bonus on the exchange rate right now.

While cold in winter, it is fine in Summer. Besides maybe you will find you like snowmobiling for miles in winter, or skating on the lake in winter.

The OP may be able to find some small islands in Georgian Bay, Canada for $500K. Absolutely no gator there.

Imagine having your own island! The main drawback may be that you can only get to it with a boat. And winter will freeze your buns off.

PS. I used to dream of having a home on the Puget Sound. It's just like a big saltwater lake. :) The only problem is that a waterfront home is too costly for a 2nd home, particularly as I do not want to leave the Southwest where my children and larger extended family are.

No gator in the Puget Sound. :) And you can even get Dungeness crab by rowing out from your backyard and private beach.

Last edited:
That eliminates Florida, South Carolina, Louisiana ... gator land. There are many lakes .. I don't know about warm .. because then you will have bugs and mosquitos for summer.

Is it still green and condemned? You know as a Redskin I cannot live anywhere near a Roughrider.

:cool: why does it have to be fresh water, living on creek with easy access to Patuxent and Bay is heaven for us. At end of year, we’ll see how MD hits our pensions🤬, then we’ll have to maybe think about Relocation!!!!

Point is think about ocean/brackish areas too.

If you're looking in the southeast I would suggest Lake Norman (Charlotte NC) or Lake Murray (Columbia SC) as both have decent sized towns to support social activities.

Also, consider looking in the Greenville SC area as they are an up and coming area.

I'm sure our fellow members from FL will be able to suggest lots of places there.

Back
Top Bottom