Poll: Okay ER Community, Fess Up. What Time Do You Wake Up?

Wake Up Time

• Up with the chickens - before 7 AM.

Votes: 134 54.7%
  • Up for rush hour - before 9 AM.

Votes: 60 24.5%
  • Where's Brunch? - after 9 AM.

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • All of the above - anytime.

Votes: 24 9.8%

• Total voters
Got bed 9 and up at 5:30. First two hours of the day are my favorite.
Almost the same for me, but up usually at 5. Up late tonight because I was watching "Watergate" - remembering all that cast of characters. But I love the early morning, dawn, sunrise, etc. So much energy and good feelings, particularly when I remember that I'm not going to work. But SO sleepy at night.

Left to my own inclinations, I go to bed 1:00am-2:00am and get up ~10:00am.
I am pretty flexible with sleep though. I work a rotating schedule and am subject
to callouts, so I'm very used to having schedule disruptions.

The thing I look most forward to in retirement is throwing the g@w@amn pager in the
Traeger.

It varies. A couple of gym classes have us up at 6, but other days, sometimes before 7, sometimes shortly thereafter, sometimes after 7, but always before 8 no matter what time we go to bed.

One of the best things about retirement is no alarm clock at 5:15am. Now I usually wake 7:30-8:00, go to bed 11:00pm-midnight. Took me a few months to get used to sleeping past 5:30, after so many years of getting up for work.

I used to get up at 5:30 AM every day for wo*k. I thought that would continue after I retired because I was always a morning person. I now stay up till 1-2 AM and get out of bed between 8-9 AM. What a luxury after so many years to be able to stay in bed as late as I want with no alarm!

I used to get up at 5:30 AM every day for wo*k. I thought that would continue after I retired because I was always a morning person. I now stay up till 1-2 AM and get out of bed between 8-9 AM. What a luxury after so many years to be able to stay in bed as late as I want with no alarm!

Great first post. Welcome to our wonderful site.

Inspired by you guys, I got up at 8:30 am, instead of the usual 10am+. DW and I are trying to get to bed earlier so that we can get up earlier to enjoy more of the daylight in the cold and gloomy time of year.

It does help to wake up to great coffee and breakfast/brunch unhurried by the need to go to w*rk!

I usually get up around 8:00 to 8:30. But, that’s only to make a pot of coffee and take my meds. I then get back into bed with my coffee to read/watch the news and catch up with email or other correspondence. I finally roll out of bed around 10:00 or 10:30 to go about the rest of my day. I love being retired!!

I'm also a NO ALARM!!! guy and get up when ready. DW w*rks from home and usually rolls out of bed around 8:15 or so for her 40 second commute to the home office. Sometimes I am up around the same time she is or I hang around in bed for a bit. I would say 2 or 3 days out of the week, I will turn on CNBC for a few minutes before the opening bell to see what the day might have in store for the financial world.

Nonetheless, some days I am up at 7 AM and others I am up around noon. Just depends how the day/night is going. And naps? I don't schedule them, but I don't decline the opportunity if one calls, either. :)

3:00 a.m.!!! I honestly don't know why. I have tried to no avail to sleep longer but finally have just given in and let my body do its thing. I'm usually in bed by 7 or 7:30, unless I have an evening event. I've learned to use those wee hours productively and now actually love it. Getting to see the sunrise is just one of the perks.

OMG! I obviously need to make a Dr's appointment based on the responses.

I go to bed between 10 and 11 and usually awake sometime in the early morning for a bathroom break. I usually go back to bed and get up when it starts to get bright outside (regardless of government controlled sunrise times aka DST). Bottom line, I'm in my seventies, and no longer sleep through the night without waking at least once, but average 8 to 10 hours of sleep and life is good:dance:

We go to bed late and I get up 1 hr before spouse does. If I'm tired in the mid-afternoon I take a nap. I've always woken up early. Spouse can sleep hours longer than I can, LOL.

I'm Retired!! Do what I want, when I want, Where I want!
Go to bed at different times 9pm, 10pm, 12am When I want! But I feel it's important to get 8 hrs sleep. And it feels good! So depending on what time I go to bed, I get up 8hrs later. Prefer to get up by 6am. So usually in bed around 10pm

Depends on if I drink the good bottle of tequila or the cheap bottle... if you wake up in the middle of the night and don't remember how you made it back to the bed does that count...

I go to bed between midnight and 1, and get up about 8:15.

Back
Top Bottom