Poll: Where Are You?

Where are you retired (or where will you retire)?

• Mid Atlantic (DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, D.C.)

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • Midwest (IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, NE, ND, OH, SD, WI)

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, ID, WY, MT)

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • South (AL, AR, KY, LA, MS, MO, TN, WV)

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • South Atlantic (FL, GA, NC, SC, VA)

Votes: 39 19.4%
  • Southwest (AZ, NM, OK, TX)

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • West (AK, CA, CO, HI, NV, UT)

Votes: 34 16.9%
  • Oh Canada!

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • All other countries or planets...

Votes: 13 6.5%

• Total voters
Currently retired in the south. In a few weeks, I'll be retired in the west. It probably won't be the last stop. Other countries might be an option at some point.
Ahhhhh....how exciting! :flowers:

I feel alienated - all other countries and planet!

Only if you plan on using a reverse mortgage.:rolleyes:

Yes, but should he pay off the mortgage first?;)

I picked mid-Atlantic because although the address is WV we're closer to MD and PA than Charleston.

Does NY come under another country or planet?
Depends. Are you referring to upstate NY or NYC? If upstate, it's probably anther state. if NYC, I think it is better classified as a parallel universe.

I voted South since I live in WV, but I was born and reared in the Mid Atlantic, which was PA. I live 30 minutes from PA. PA does not tax pensions and SS, so I really should think about moving back, if we stay living in a place with snow in the winter.

But, what I really want to know is if I am retired. Took early retirement from a job that was stressful to me and started my pension, was off work for 4 years and I now work a part-time job 3 days a week with no stress at all!

What state is HY (listed in Mid-Atlantic)? Should that be NY?

OK, both NY and AR have been fixed. (edit: and D.C. has been added)

I think this is an interesting poll. We sure have lots of members who retired or will retire in the South Atlantic, Midwest, and West. I would have thought that more were in the Southwest due to our strong Texas contingent, but that is not the case so far. Maybe REWahoo's efforts are paying off. :)

Last edited:
The politicians here in California often make me feel like I'm living on another planet.:(

PRK(S) > People's Republic of Kalifornia (Sur), along with the rest of the wingnuts.

OK, both NY and AR have been fixed.

I think this is an interesting poll. We sure have lots of members who retired or will retire in the South Atlantic, Midwest, and West. I would have thought that more were in the Southwest due to our strong Texas contingent, but that is not the case so far. Maybe REWahoo's efforts are paying off. :)
Thanks W2R. I wonder if the distribution is much like the general distribution for all ages? Other than FL, AZ and the Carolina's - I am guessing it is.

I thought there were more Canadians, ex-pats or extraterrestrials here too, evidently not.

Been fun to watch though, thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks W2R. I wonder if the distribution is much like the general distribution for all ages? Other than FL, AZ and the Carolina's - I am guessing it is.

I thought there were more Canadians, ex-pats or extraterrestrials here too, evidently not.

Been fun to watch though, thanks everyone!

Thanks for giving us something to talk about! people are funny.

Three answers:

1) Right now, Deutschland
2) Next week, Florida
3) April-May, Arizona
4) Who knows after a few years, although hopefully we don't become nomads too soon after buying our house in AZ

When I started selling my first software product, I'd put a pin in a map with every sale (pre google). After a while, I realized that was just creating a map of showing the general distribution of population in the world, so I stopped.

And PA (which I/DW have always considered home) is officially a "Commonwealth" vs. a state.
Good point. I'm relieved to see that my brain is finally flushing my memories of high-school civics.

Every time I read the title of this thread my brain conjures up Shaggy calling "Scoobie-doo!"

Le's see, and there's "Noo Yawk", and then there's New York State. The mere mention of which should open one up to "Why on earth would you want to live..."

In the Finger Lakes region this week, south-of-Naples by the end of next week...

Back
Top Bottom