Retired in January, thanks for all your advice. What a wonderful new life!

Floridatennisplayer

Recycles dryer sheets
Pre retirement I spent a lot of time here asking you all questions........are all the retirement calculators right:confused:?? Can I do it even though all of them say yes. Thank you for all the support and advice.

It’s like the kid who is afraid to jump off the diving board. So much turmoil! I now see new posters with the same concerns. Then the kid finally jumps off, swims back and jumps off the board another 50 times having the time of his life and thinks ...I could have done this all along.

Once the plug was pulled, zero reservations, zero concerns! Honestly, it has never crossed my mind again.

I am having the time of my life. I’ve been so busy that this is my first post since then! I’m on the tennis courts every day for an hour and a half. Then over to see my grandkids every day. They live in the cul-de-sac behind us. Ok, I’m there 3 or 4 times a day. I just can’t resist them. I walk home and an hour later I’m missing them. Nuts huh.

So carefree is the word that sums it up best. I’m like Robby here in blow that dough. My 2013 CLS 63 was too tight with the car seats in the back. So.....what the heck, I traded it in May for a new release 2020 GLE 350. Just a beast with tons of room.

In February I went to LA to visit my buddy who was the lead guitar player for A major headliner. He put me up at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel for 10 days. He does session work for everyone and I mean everyone. I met so many people in the studio. Well, he got me a a 1099 deal doing session work. They send me a song and I add the guitar licks or acoustic part and send it back. Takes me less than 3 hours a month. I get a check each month. I’ve contracted with them to only pay me the $1,470 monthly allowed until my full retirement age as I started SS in May.

I love retirement.

Last edited:
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Livin' the dream - good on you! Glad to see you posting again.

Lovely. Stay away from parking lots, especially grocery stores where carts run free.

Congratulations! Isn't is wonderful when it all works out?
Enjoy those grandbabies!!

Sounds great. Congrats.
2 years for me. Never looked back.

It’s like the kid who is afraid to jump off the diving board. So much turmoil! I now see new posters with the same concerns. Then the kid finally jumps off, swims back and jumps off the board another 50 times having the time of his life and thinks ...I could have done this all along.

Once the plug was pulled, zero reservations, zero concerns! Honestly, it has never crossed my mind again.

I am having the time of my life. I’ve been so busy that this is my first post since then!

I love retirement.

Thanks for coming back and posting!
I think a LOT of people still need to hear that things are great after as part of finding confidence for their own leap!!

Thrilled that you are so ecstatic after taking the plunge!!! :dance:

Oh you fortunate musicians, money for nothin'...and your chicks for free? :)

This brings back memories of my own childhood, and all of the forced swimming lessons at the "Y" with no luck. I finally found the courage at Summer Camp and did literally what you described above.

I'm hoping that retirement will bring me that same joy that you seem to have now.

This brings back memories of my own childhood, and all of the forced swimming lessons at the "Y" with no luck. I finally found the courage at Summer Camp and did literally what you described above.

I'm hoping that retirement will bring me that same joy that you seem to have now.

Yes! I think I was in 5th or 6th grade. I wanted to jump off of the high board just like my buddies. Always chickened out. I think it was the next to last day before the pool would be closing for the summer, not many kids were at the pool and this cute girl was talking to me.....Lisa Lockett...she says, “will you jump off of the boards with me?” Sure!!!! I was mesmerized by her. We had 3 different boards, low, med, and the high dive. I was sure she was going to go for the low or the medium. Oh crap! She started taking the steps to the high dive and there’s no way I could back out now. She jumped, I prayed I wouldn’t die and jumped! Before you know it we jumped off of that board 20 times. Oh Lisa......where are you!!!!!!

...They send me a song and I add the guitar licks or acoustic part and send it back. Takes me less than 3 hours a month.

I love retirement.

Thanks for the entire post, which I enjoyed because DW and I are on the cusp of retiring (within 8-10 months).

What I really enjoyed, though, was the music description, and it's great to hear you lined up doing some "work" you love. I record for personal pleasure and will start collaborating again in preparation for retiring.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom