Some thoughts: 6 months in

Having more time for fitness and other physical activity, is in my view, the biggest upside of retirement. Really need to take advantage of that because if you do, everything else is better. Also, helps create structure for your day which some people find useful.

Couch potato may be a good investment strategy, but it’s an awful retirement strategy

Last edited:
5 weeks in:

OMG this is awesome! Hiking almost every day, lost close to 10 lbs, days go by incredibly fast - but it doesn't matter because tomorrow is another day off :dance:
DW said today she can't believe it's forever. We are in our California [-]vacation[/-] home and are missing a foot of snow up north. Life is Grand :LOL:

Last edited:
5 weeks in:

OMG this is awesome! Hiking almost every day, lost close to 10 lbs, days go by incredibly fast - but it doesn't matter because tomorrow is another day off :dance:
DW said today she can't believe it's forever. We are in our California [-]vacation[/-] home and are missing a foot of snow up north. Life is Grand :LOL:

You sound like I did at a similar point in time. Our 1 year FIRE anniversary is coming up and the good news is, it just keeps getting better! It's real!!

The best external confirmation of retirement life was when I sought to extend a portion of my "key man" insurance. The agent said my physical was so much better that a new policy would be the best deal.

Almost 2 years in. While I was thinking about it - it wasn't my decision. I actually had some panic attacks thinking about how boring it might be. LOL. Best decision ever. Of course I am a Type B introvert, so it may not be for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom