Speech at my swan song

Glad it went well. Enjoy each day and don't forget to take your daily med's.
img_996317_0_ed804801f13398b0ef81491c93e38a96.gif

Congrats Rich!

I'll be slipping out quietly. I won't be "retiring" from my main job. I'll be "quitting" to go elsewhere. Just won't be an elsewhere...

DD

Congratulations Rich, the final strings to the old life have now been cut - enjoy.

Is there a new doctor in the house? :greetings10:

Oh...and congrats Rich...I'm glad everything went so well. :flowers:

I wouldn't mind being known as Dr Dawg52. Kind of like Dr J, only without the ability to dunk the ball.:LOL: Maybe I should make that....dunk the basketball.

I dreaded my retirement party, because I was going to get a plaque of appreciation from a boss who had been mad at me for months. And I was worried about the break-down factor, too. Fortunately, it was in the middle of the Christmas-New Years week so attendance was low. I thanked people for their attendance, said I enjoyed the past 20 years, the community and the people, and thanked my family re: the birthdays and anniversaries I called and said I didn't know when I'd be home because there was an emergency. Took about 4 minutes. What most attendees remembered was how freakishly fake my boss was.

Talking about the community and bigger picture kept me from getting too specific about things that would have made me teary-eyed.

I thanked individuals for support during hard times, what they meant to me, etc. in the thank-you notes I sent, written in the privacy of my home, so I could sniffle all I wanted. Got my sincere appreciation across without a public emotional display.

I dreaded my retirement party, because I was going to get a plaque of appreciation from a boss who had been mad at me for months. And I was worried about the break-down factor, too. Fortunately, it was in the middle of the Christmas-New Years week so attendance was low. I thanked people for their attendance, said I enjoyed the past 20 years, the community and the people, and thanked my family re: the birthdays and anniversaries I called and said I didn't know when I'd be home because there was an emergency. Took about 4 minutes. What most attendees remembered was how freakishly fake my boss was.

Talking about the community and bigger picture kept me from getting too specific about things that would have made me teary-eyed.

I thanked individuals for support during hard times, what they meant to me, etc. in the thank-you notes I sent, written in the privacy of my home, so I could sniffle all I wanted. Got my sincere appreciation across without a public emotional display.
Well done. :clap:
Grace and dignity upon exiting is your best present to yourself.
Congratulations. :flowers:

Congratulations. Glad you had a positive experience with your retirement party last month. I had a similar situation. At first I was so angry at my workplace that all I wanted to do was slip out quietly. However, I had a couple of months to calm down and the staff started planning a party without asking me. I let them do it. I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout and how the whole thing went. I gave a short speech similar to yours. It's a great way to go out.

Back
Top Bottom