The BEST Passive Income?

ExFlyBoy5

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Yes, I know this question comes up often. Owning rentals...are they passive or not? How about doing your own equity trades? Passive or not?

Well, forget that old school line of thinking...this guy has it figured out. :D

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20210111/p2a/00m/0dm/016000c?

TOKYO -- A 37-year-old Tokyo man who says he rents himself out to other people "to do nothing" has been inundated with gratitude from Twitter users, indicating people are happy with his new form of support.

"I'm glad I was able to take a walk with someone while keeping a comfortable distance, where we didn't have to talk but could if we wanted to," one user wrote. Another reflected, "I had been slack about visiting the hospital, but I went because he came with me."

Shoji Morimoto has been advertising himself as a person who can "eat and drink, and give simple feedback, but do nothing more," since June 2018, and has received over 3,000 requests.

Sounds like Rent A Friend:

https://sidehusl.com/rentafriend/

What: RentAFriend allows you to get paid to be platonic companion, renting your friendship out to strangers

Expected pay: $10 to $50 per hour

Could be a valuable service for dedicated introverts or people who are new in the area and need a companion from time to time. Could also get really weird:

That is not an isolated example. Offer your friendship for cash, and you get a dazzling array of folks who just ... don't know to be around people. Maybe if they were wealthy, they'd just be called eccentric?

"A 'friend' said he wanted to go swimming at the beach," says John of another client. "I thought that sounded fun. And it was fun, at first. Then he pretended to drown."

Like, this is a bit he does? To break the ice? "I freaked out, and me and another man pulled him out. He looked dead, and the man who helped him out started calling 911. Then my 'friend' said, 'Gotcha!' and started laughing and went back into the ocean. The man who helped said, 'What the **** is his problem?!' I told him I didn't know, because I didn't."

Who knew? I've done this for free with marginal/needy friends. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom