Three More Days!

wheel9

Recycles dryer sheets
Well I have three more days of work left before I pull the plug. All I am doing at this point is cleaning out the office, so it is not exactly hard work. As a budget cutting move, I am not being replaced, so duties are being divided up among others. Will definitely be interesting to watch.

Since I have a DB Pension with survivor's benefits and paid medical, we will be doing OK even after the recent year in the market. We had ratcheted back to 50/50 split before the mess, and did not suffer as bad as we could have.

The smile gets bigger every day, and I am anxiously awaiting not having to use an alarm clock to get up later this week! Hopefully it will not take to long to get used to this retirement thing. I am looking forward to it. Have some trips planned to decompress.

As a budget cutting move, I am not being replaced, so duties are being divided up among others. Will definitely be interesting to watch.

Write down the above statement and put it aside. On the first of each month pull it out and read it. When you reach the point where you say, "What the heck do I care?", you'll know how long it took. ;)

Hopefully it will not take to long to get used to this retirement thing.

Well I have three more days of work left before I pull the plug.

Congratulations. I am sooooo looking forward to getting to that position..... :cool:

Fantastic, wheel9! Congratulations and keep us informed about how things go in your retired life.

Coach

So wheel9 what are your plans for all this free time you are about to get for the rest of your life.

Well I have three more days of work left before I pull the plug. All I am doing at this point is cleaning out the office, so it is not exactly hard work.

Can it really take three days to clean out an office?

Yes, after 34 years of working, I have accumulated a lot of junk. Also, my office [-]is[/-]`was filled with my travel photography, which kept me going the last few years. By looking at the photos, I got the patience to keep going. Besides why rush, I have to go until the 31st anyway. One can look busy doing almost anything at this point.

Congratulations.

I'm sure you'll love it.

I started to clean out my office, but then just delegated it to my replacement. Oh wait, they didn't really replace me, either.

Wheel9, maybe you can spend all your time here on the forum this week, that's how I pretended to look busy.

Countdown commencing...T minus 48 hours ? minutes ? seconds

This is Mission Control to Cmdr Wheel9, please acknowledge...<crackle hum crackle>

Countdown commencing...T minus 48 hours ? minutes ? seconds

This is Mission Control to Cmdr Wheel9, please acknowledge...<crackle hum crackle>

1 day 18 hours 4 minutes 46 seconds, but whose counting......

How exciting, good for you! I retired in early October and it still really hasn't sunk in but I am starting to lose track of the day of the week!

Wheel congrats on your freedom!!!!! Loose the wrist watch if you haven't already all you need to know is Dark = Night and Light = Day and what day of the week only matters for shopping on days where everyone else is at w^^k.:D:D:D:D:D

Its great to read this post !!! Happy for you !!!
If all goes well, this time next year I'll be making a similar statement.
Hate to wish my life away but, hope this year fly's by.
Steve

Back
Top Bottom