Turn the page

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Well, today was my last day at work. As discussed in another thread, I was offered a severance and took it. Went to HR this morning and am home this afternoon. Notified all my friends that I'm no longer working at mega-corp and let them know that from my point of view, all was good.

Now the designing of my next life begins. Of course, I'm going to hit the ground walking (instead of running) and take some time to absorb what this means and get a lot of things in order (house projects, money transfers due to severance, 401K and cash option pension, exercising and eating better), all things that seem typical from the reading I've done on this forum.

I'll keep the group informed as I go through this. Thanks for all the help this group has provided in getting me to this point. Never before have I really meant this but now I have to say - today is the first day of the rest of my life :dance:

Congratulations!

Must be a good but somewhat surreal feeling, I would think.

WooHoo! Congrats! :dance:

Welcome to the fun side. :D

omni

Congratulations!

...take some time to absorb what this means...

Congratulations to you!

I am still in the above phase a year and a half later but slowly coming to the realization that it means something like: "Holy cr*p, I can do whatever I want whenever I want!" Or something to that effect.

Way to go Jerry1, and you will love your new found freedom. Take it slow like you said and enjoy the ride.

Congratulations on closing the chapter on you working for your money; and then now opening up the new chapter on your money working for you!

Congratulations! I still remember that day for me too. Enjoy!
Me too. I am 4 days short of my 9th anniversary of retirement, and I remember taking the train to my new home with my briefcase and a large chunk of my retirement cake.
Best wishes to you! Enjoy!

Go Jerry go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For a walk, that is (I gave up running about 2 years back - too many injuries; now I walk 4 miles / 60 min most days) .
Awesome update and keep us posted. I'm slightly past the 6 month mark, and its been a living dream.
Like ~550 said, welcome to the fun side. :dance: :dance:

Congrats newly retired! Cocktails and a celebration are in order - :)

Have fun!

Outstanding! I will always remember my last day it was a new journey going forward. The exciting part was being able to do what ever I wanted to do any time I wanted to. How exciting that is. LOL

Jerry-! Jerry-! Jerry-!

That’s fantastic - congrats! The severance is just icing on the cake; I’d love something similar but am not holding my breath. Keep us posted on how the transition goes -

The untold want by life and land ne'er granted, Now, voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

- Walt Whitman

Back
Top Bottom