turning 60!

dumpster56

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yes big day tomorrow.:dance: and now a first time GrandPa!!:D Been basically ERd since 2006, neat part time work. Wife is going on 62 and a half and decided to take her SS now. 1000 a month now, 1300 at 66. Not going to spend it, just invest the next 3.5 years of it. Me going to wait until 67 to 70. I can always break the glass at some point after 62 if needed. My 3000 a month pension with med bennies has been a good base. The 2000 a month I make doing part time coaching and sub teaching has kept me busy and healthy and feeling connected. Nice not to have a mortgage! Thanks to this forum for all the info . It has been a great read.

Yep.....60 not all bad. I'll be 62 this summer and it's nice knowing SS is there if I want to cash in. BTW, 40 was a tougher age for me to reconcile in my little mind. Not sure why....just sounded old at the time.

Nice update, dumpster! Glad that your ER is going so well for you.

Yep.....60 not all bad. I'll be 62 this summer and it's nice knowing SS is there if I want to cash in. BTW, 40 was a tougher age for me to reconcile in my little mind. Not sure why....just sounded old at the time.

"60 not at all bad"?? 60 was the best year of my life, and it's not over yet. I feel as if I've walked through a door and am in the process of creating some kind of incredible new journey. I couldn't be a day young than I am, couldn't go through all of that learning process again.

I highly recommend this book if you are thinking about not just retiring, but about optimizing the qualitative aspect of this new part of your life:

It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now: HOW TO CREATE YOUR SECOND LIFE AT ANY AGE: Barbara Sher: 9780440507185: Amazon.com: Books

Back
Top Bottom