What brand recliner should my husband get?

When we recently ordered our lazyboy furniture, we were told it would be about 4-6 months, got them 2 months early.

We have two powered Lazyboy recliners. They’re wonderful!
+1000000000000000000000

All I can say for the rest of you (anti-Lazyboy people) is that I just don't agree! We are ecstatic with our LazyBoy recliners and wouldn't settle for any other.
But then, that's us..... :)

I heartily second all the recommendations for the Ekornes Stressless recliner. It is arguably the world's most comfortable chair, with amazing lower-back support in all positions. Great for reading, TV, napping. I've owned about a dozen of these chairs, and currently have five. I find them locally for sale online (mostly Facebook Marketplace, sometimes Craigslist) for a song, maybe clean the leather and resell them. New, these chairs can cost anywhere from $1,800 to $4,800. Used, you can find them for $400 to $800 all day long. Sometimes for much less. They last forever, so a chair that is 10-12 years old will still sit like new. So, to repeat, buy a used Stressless in your community.

We have Stressless like Braumeister's. We added two additional rings on the bottom of both the chair and stool. This adds an extra 4 inches of height as I dislike struggling to get out of a low chair. These are wonderful. They make several chairs and couches to fit different ergonomics. I agree that they are expensive, but we have a choice and we chose comfort and durability.

We have Stressless like Braumeister's. We added two additional rings on the bottom of both the chair and stool. This adds an extra 4 inches of height as I dislike struggling to get out of a low chair. These are wonderful. They make several chairs and couches to fit different ergonomics. I agree that they are expensive, but we have a choice and we chose comfort and durability.
When I had rotator cuff surgery, I (like many others) could not sleep in a bed. There was just no way to get comfortable. As a result, I wound up sleeping in one of our Stressless recliners each night for many weeks. Even our 30 y.o. Stressless is still going strong after I replaced a couple of bushings.

I can't speak for this century's LaZBoy recliners, but the one I'm sitting in is 50 years old and has been reupholstered once. It's still the most comforatble chair in the house ;-)

It also works for "sleep on your back" medical instructions after shoulder reconstruction and multiple eye surgeries (cataracts and partial cornea transplants - but I'm now 20/25 and 20/30 uncorrected: not too bad for 70+ ;-)

Our first tall man lazy boy bought in the late 70’s, wore like iron and looked good when we sold it 25 years later because it was orange! I still remember the salesman sticking a pencil through the cloth to show how tough it was. My new lazyboy not wearing near as well and has been back for repairs twice. I’m not quite as impressed as I used to be with them

I went furniture shopping with my son for his new house last month. One of the items he was looking for was a nice reading chair for his bedroom. The sales guy laughed and pointed out the Stressless chairs and warned us of the price. They were nice, but I didn't want my son to get too comfortable in them, so we moved on and found one he really liked at a reasonable price.

If I ever decide to replace my living room furniture I'd consider one. My current stuff is 20 years old but I still like it, though I think I'd like leather better. I used to really like Natuzzi leather sofas and chairs. I don't know if they are still good quality.

RB I have a bedroom reading chair, it's called my bed.:D

I'm a fan of those chairs but in my bedroom it would be a very expensive clothes holder...

Can I safely assume that everyone in this thread who has nice leather furniture, does not have cats? I have a leather sofa that I inherited from a family member, which has suffered a little from tiny claws over the years. Luckily, I'm not overly fond of this particular piece of furniture, though it has served me well over the last 20+ years.

Our first tall man lazy boy bought in the late 70’s, wore like iron and looked good when we sold it 25 years later because it was orange! I still remember the salesman sticking a pencil through the cloth to show how tough it was. My new lazyboy not wearing near as well and has been back for repairs twice. I’m not quite as impressed as I used to be with them

I've got one that came from my grandfather's old furniture store.

GF gave it to my dad when GF retired & closed the store in the early 80s.

Only needed to have it repaired once...never reupholstered.

I suspect it didn't sell because it is a lovely shade of royal blue...can't imagine it marching any decor.

Can I safely assume that everyone in this thread who has nice leather furniture, does not have cats? I have a leather sofa that I inherited from a family member, which has suffered a little from tiny claws over the years. Luckily, I'm not overly fond of this particular piece of furniture, though it has served me well over the last 20+ years.
We have 2 all top-grain leather power sofas and an all top-grain leather power leather recliner and presently 3 cats. We have had cats for 30+ years and never had a problem and there are no scratches on any of the furniture other than the 4 cat trees we provide for them. Those belong to them and they can do what they want with them.

Cheers!

I have leather in my theater chair recliners in my lower level TV room. Cats have never punctured or torn any chair that I can see. There are a few scratches if you look closely. I'm not sure if these are actually leather or something leather-like, which may make a difference. I'm sure some cats would tear them up. I don't know what %.

WOO HOO! My Stressless just arrived a few minutes ago. If this keeps my back even slightly free from pain after an hour of sitting when even lying in bed hurts after an hour I will be a happy camper. I will find out tonight. If not then my last resort will be to string a hammock in the back yard and sleep there.

Cheers

Last edited:
WOO HOO! My Stressless just arrived a few minutes ago.

Good luck! From what I've read here, you won't be disappointed. Let us know. Out of curiosity, how long ago did you order it? Did you wait months for its arrival?

Good luck! From what I've read here, you won't be disappointed. Let us know. Out of curiosity, how long ago did you order it? Did you wait months for its arrival?
Thanks. I ordered it about 3 months ago.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom