What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes >>> Propane is heavier then air and can be an accident waiting to happen. I'm sure you know that but always nice for a reminder.

Had a pleasant day hanging out at my mancave and taking a nice stroll. The stream had a pleasant sound, and watched ravens do acrobatics.

I climbed up on the roof this morning with an OTA antenna to see if I could get a TV signal. I stood on the roof rotating the antenna as the young wife went through the channels on the TV. We communicated by walkie-talkie. Sadly, there was no signal. I guess I should not be surprised as we live right down next to the harbor, surrounded by hills. But it does put a crimp in my quest to dump cable.

In the afternoon, I made bar soap.

I climbed up on the roof this morning with an OTA antenna to see if I could get a TV signal. I stood on the roof rotating the antenna as the young wife went through the channels on the TV. We communicated by walkie-talkie. Sadly, there was no signal. I guess I should not be surprised as we live right down next to the harbor, surrounded by hills. But it does put a crimp in my quest to dump cable.

In the afternoon, I made bar soap.

You were using a digital antenna in your area an got no channels? I use to have a digital OTA antenna from the shoreline and would get channels from LI. I’d think you’d get NH or LI channels.

Went to the DMV to renew my license and make the new one a RealID. When I arrived I could see it would be a long wait, but since I I had already sunk 40 minutes (20 minute drive each way) and a return trip would be 40 minutes + wait time, I decided to stick it out. Ended up waiting 1 hour 40 minutes.

I replaced the sink in my bathroom with a vitreous china sink that fit in the same hole, but had a wider lip.

I should have put in a new faucet, and replace the pop-up drain. New sink has an overflow liner, I didn't realize it was a different type of drain. I may change that out soon.

Also installed 2 shutoffs under the sink, it was direct connected with copper lines.

It took 3 trips to Home Depot.

I hate plumbing work.

Taking down the Christmas decorations today.
Work retiree insurance switch to Kaiser this year, so had my introductory "virtual" appointment with new PCP, after about 10 minutes, I was advised to make an appointment to see her in the office. Thats why I called to make an appointment in the first place!:facepalm:
But, she seems pleasant and I have had no problems scheduling dental appointments already and transferred RXs, too, for DH and myself, all with one phone call. Got referral started for vision care also. It seems more streamlined than previous plans.

Another "dodge kiddies" practice at the skating rink. This bunch spent a lot of time crawling and sitting on the ice. Monday resume normal routine of one or two of us skating.
Otherwise a dreary drizzly overcast day.

Flew down to Bangkok yesterday with DW + daughters for a short holiday.

Got a full medical check up at Bumrungrad Hospital this morning – this places is a great advert for medical tourism. I'll pick up the full written report tomorrow but the doctor told me that the only issues are bad cholesterol being a little high and platelet count being a little low but, in both cases, not enough to be of concern. Every time I do one of these things I worry that I'll be told to cut down on my wine consumption but not this year. :dance:

Celebrating 3 year's FIRE'd today!

Going to hitch up the trailer and make a run toward central NH to pick up a ton of pellets for the stove, that time of year that the good ones are getting hard to find. Will hike with the pups after lunch if the rain holds off, do some metal work in the shop in the afternoon, then watch the Pat's game this evening....

1.) Slept blissfully until 10:30 AM.

2.) Coffee, browsing the internet at my leisure. Checked to make sure that my portfolio sales and purchases actually did result in returning things to my planned asset allocation. It's just as planned.

3.) Went to lunch with F; split a roast chicken wrap.

4.) Watched the seagulls and sailboats in Lake Ponchartrain for over an hour, together. Had a wonderful, long chat in the parking lot overlooking the lake, and took some more photos of the birds including the one below of them perched on top of a light pole about 6 feet from us. Photo taken from the car window using the free LG phone given to me by Cricket a few years ago, as a reward for switching from Verizon to Cricket.

5.) Changed the batteries for all four keypad entries on my four exterior doors.

OK, #5 was somewhat constructive. Guess I'm done for the day! :D :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Birds cropt.jpg
    Birds cropt.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 52
Went to my church men's group in the morning. Then prepared and canned 8 half-pints of chicken stock using the carcass from the roast chicken we had last night. I can in half-pints because that is the most frequent amount we need in recipes - 1 cup chicken stock.

Dog and I participated in an obedience rally trial. Pub trivia this evening.

Dog and I participated in an obedience rally trial.

How'd you do? (As an ex-Border Collie 'owner' I often had the impression he was dissatisfied with my performance(s).)

Hiked in the new fallen snow. Explored a boat boneyard. Washed the truck. Processed a bunch of photos that have been stacking up. Napped and watched youtube videos.

How'd you do? (As an ex-Border Collie 'owner' I often had the impression he was dissatisfied with my performance(s).)

Ha! Got nicked a point for a "sniff." I'll beat him later.

My days feel ‘off’ from the Holiday and getting back home midweek. Went to a 60 minute spin class, and eventually meandered over to the Art Museum. One of the nicer things about living in St Louis are the free museums, zoo, and the beautiful Forest Park. Came home and made some pizza dough for a pie I’ll make tomorrow.

Washed and waxed the convertible today as it was 65 F out and sunny.

Now I am watching the Texans get their @$$ handed to them by Buffalo.

Tonight.....Mexican food with DD and DSIL. ;)

Texans don't get their a$$ whipped often enough. It might teach them a little humility (but I doubt it).

He may mean people from Texas as opposed to the football team (who have won, now, by the way).

What? They have never won the Big One and in the last ten years have been mediocre, at best.

Oh you were talking about the football team...?:D

Just so you know I'm not blind to the flaws of my home state: We Badgers drink waaay too much.

BTW my undergraduate alma mater has played for the NCAA Division III national championship five times in the last decade.

On May 27, 2014, UW-Whitewater made history as the first NCAA institution in any division to win national championships in men's football, basketball, and baseball in a single academic year

...Yes, it's hard to be humble. :D

Tonight.....Mexican food with DD and DSIL. ;)

any given sunday...this post may not age well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom