What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cleaned out a file drawer, and in the process threw away a career’s worth of performance reviews[emoji322].

The only reason I still had them is because when I retired almost five years ago I brought home some files, put them away in a drawer and haven’t looked at them since.

I saved my compensation notifications in case I need them to prove something when I start my pension (planned in five years), or so the kids can get a kick out of how little I earned way back in 1987.

I discovered the Nextdoor website and brought my car to the recommended garage for inspection.

I hope I don't get a large cost estimate for repair of my 10yr old, 100k-mile minivan, which drives fine.

In the past week, learned of the death of an old friend of prostate cancer at 88.

We went to Mexico for January to look around. Weather is outta sight! Staying in a 30's-era motel in the campo which is just one step above camping in a tent. Cheap enough that we can keep it and still visit other places for a few days.

Last edited:
Went to the gym just as the snow began falling. Convinced DW we weren't going to die in a blizzard and finished the workouts.

Went home, ate lunch, took a nap, then cleared about two inches of wet slushy snow off the driveway & walk. Glad I spent the money on a snow blower or my back would be in serious pain by now.

Went for morning walk. Dental checkup. Foot Dr. checkup- Got a cortisone shot in my big toe. Went to REI and bought hiking shoes that foot dr recommended. Moved MIL to our house while her place is getting new flooring and appliances.

Took care of some planning for AARP tax training, played pickleball, and got my second Shingrix shot.

Took care of some planning for AARP tax training, played pickleball, and got my second Shingrix shot.

Take care of yourself. The young wife got her second shot on Saturday and it really knocked her out all day Sunday.

Dropped off stuff at consignment shop. At least get some $ out of unneeded stuff. Slowly working on downsizing.

Replaced the battery in my 2015 BMW R1200RT with a LiFePO4 model. About 5 pounds lighter and a lot more capacity for less than twice the cost of lead acid. Old battery required 2 comebacks from sulfation and with the 5 years of age I'm not gonna chance it dying on me out somewhere remote.

Yesterday I started using the weight lifting machines at the gym again, like I used to do before my knee issues and resulting severe mobility problems. Knee replacement surgery has helped and it has been almost five months since that surgery so I am getting around pretty well by now. My knee can now handle the leg extension and leg curl machines without any adverse consequences whatsoever, which is quite pleasing.

I did just 7 of the machines yesterday instead of my former 28, since I am just starting to get back into weight lifting. But today I feel like a million bux, twenty years younger. My weight is down and so is my blood sugar. I know that weight machines don't do this for everyone but for some unknown reason it seems I was just made for this kind of workout. Not only that, but I love doing it and look forward to my next weight lifting session. Look out world! Here I come, I may be 71 years old but I'm not done with, yet. :D

:dance:

Doing some chainsaw work - a tree fell across our new path on the property. This is a two-person job, as I don't chainsaw by myself anymore.

Hanging a new swiveling arm/hook to hang a bird feeder so it is closer to a window and hopefully will confound the tree rats (squirrels).

Take care of yourself. The young wife got her second shot on Saturday and it really knocked her out all day Sunday.

The shot was Tuesday afternoon. I felt fine that night and Wednesday morning. Played pickleball and did my normal stuff all day Wednesday until late afternoon, when I had a headaches and couldn’t get warm. Hot tea, comfort food for dinner, Tylenol and early to bed did the trick. I feel fine today except for the sore arm. ‘Tis only a flesh wound.

Had some fairly nasty surgery last Friday and today was the first day that the pain level was low enough I haven't had to take anything for it. Very happy camper here! :dance:

Had some fairly nasty surgery last Friday and today was the first day that the pain level was low enough I haven't had to take anything for it. Very happy camper here! :dance:
Hope your recovery is rapid and pain free from now ..

We have an ongoing address issue which just got bigger. Our house and street number are the same as another home in our HOA, only they are “road” while ours is “street”. We get lots of their mail, including one letter that was redelivered to us 7 times.

Yesterday a gardening / pest control company came by, sprayed our front lawn and left an invoice. Wrong address - they wanted “road”, not “street”. A long conversation this morning with that company until they finally gave me the names of the chemicals.

I called our gardening / pest control folks and updated them, they’ll have to change their schedule with us to avoid over spraying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom