What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the driveway sealed yesterday and I'm enjoying watching it dry.

Ripping CDS to PC disk and then to a memory stick.

Received notice from our attorney for Megacorp's breach of fiduciary duties. The management of the fund company is offering a 12 million dollar settlement for their part. Average payout of 25k per plaintiff. Then Megacorp is still on the hook for their part. Sounds like when the manager admits their failures Megacorp doesn't have much to defend. Geeze I'm glad I signed up for this.

Last edited:
Got back from my routine doctor appointment, rescheduled from last April. My doctor is both an internist and an endocrinologist. He says I'm doing fine and my Type 2 diabetes isn't any worse than it was.

Also he thinks Louisiana's re-opening is at a reasonable rate for what he is seeing among his (mostly elderly, overweight, diabetic, vulnerable) patients. He reminded me that slow but steady is the way to resume normal life and said I am progressing with that at a sane/average pace. He also reminded me (and I forgot!) that we are scheduled to enter Phase 3 in a week. :eek:

We were going to go kayaking, but my Mom's tooth that she's scheduled to have filled in a few weeks flared up with pain and swelling. Her dentist was able to get her in at 10:00, said she probably needs a root canal, and is sending her to a periodontist to see if he thinks the tooth can be saved. Taking her there for a 2:30 appointment.

I am a day late, but yesterday I gave my DH a haircut. I have never given anyone a haircut before, but it turned out pretty good.

I am a day late, but yesterday I gave my DH a haircut. I have never given anyone a haircut before, but it turned out pretty good.

Well done! The young wife has cut my hair twice since we locked down. Both times, she was more nervous about it than I was. She did a great job. I may never go back to the barber.

On the other hand, I only dyed her hair once. The minute the salon re-opened, she was there.

Well done! The young wife has cut my hair twice since we locked down. Both times, she was more nervous about it than I was. She did a great job. I may never go back to the barber.

I cut DH's hair twice too. I asked him how much he normally pays: $20. I decided he's gonna keep going back so I don't have to stress about messing up, and he gets out of my house.

Also, I bet YOU cleaned up the hair afterwards unlike in my house....

I cut DH's hair twice too. I asked him how much he normally pays: $20. I decided he's gonna keep going back so I don't have to stress about messing up, and he gets out of my house.

Also, I bet YOU cleaned up the hair afterwards unlike in my house....

Of course I cleaned up. My grandmother, my mother and my sister all worked as charwomen. I am following in the family tradition.

I made home made pasta, I think for the first time ever. I believe it's called "broad noodles" because they seemed easiest. I just used one egg yolk, water, and whole wheat flour that I didn't measure. I used a glass as a rolling pin. I made about two plates full. Maybe 2-3 servings. I finished it all. Not better than dried store bought IMO and a bit of a pain but at least I know I can let myself run out of boxed pasta.

Lake was glassy flat last night and was cloudless - the effect was incredible as there was no discernible horizon as the lake reflected the stars so well.

This morning took advantage to go out kayaking and had a C-130 directly overfly at surprisingly low altitude. A very rare occurrence for these parts. Was sad that I hadn't taken a camera. Water is so clear. Countless fish in view including some nice size bass.

This morning took advantage to go out kayaking and had a C-130 directly overfly at surprisingly low altitude. A very rare occurrence for these parts.

We have training aircraft, almost constantly doing wide circles, here from CFB Trenton.....pretty sure a couple of them are CC-130H Hercules.....you're welcome to take one home. ;)

We have training aircraft, almost constantly doing wide circles, here from CFB Trenton.....pretty sure a couple of them are CC-130H Hercules.....you're welcome to take one home. ;)

I remember those aircraft doing the big long loops when was growing up in that area. Majestic and graceful like a circling vulture! Occasionally you can still see them in the Kingston area where we are now.

I remember those aircraft doing the big long loops when was growing up in that area. Majestic and graceful like a circling vulture! Occasionally you can still see them in the Kingston area where we are now.

They're still here......I think there are two in the air most times, but can't verify.

When they're flying over I'm often tempted, (but never have done and never will), to run outside shouting "It's OK, it's OK, it's one of ours!"

Last night I was copying CDS to disk and actually got done about 11:00 PM when I realized I left the memory stick inside DW'S Wrangler. It was outside at the end of the driveway about 100' away. I stepped outside and realized how freaking dark it was! No outside light, the nearest street light is 3 miles away. I was totally lost and almost panicked. I used the fob to unlock the vehicle and it provided light.

This morning I received an invitation to the lawsuit I'm part of against Megacorp and apparently the fund manager who allowed Megacorp to be stupid. Zoom meeting next week will provide many details. The attorney I chatted with said if approved by the plaintiffs this will be a 2020 payment.

We went to the river to walk, as I pulled into the parking lot my cell phone rang through the Wrangler's phone. It was my Tesla advisor telling me my model Y was in Littleton and he was arranging a carrier to bring it here! Hopefully it might arrive before the fourth.

Helped any old bricklayer lay some block today. He is 68 and not the best of health but needs to keep generating some income. He is very heavy and struggles with the physical task of all aspects of the job. He was very appreciative of the help. It made me feel very I could help him.

Helped any old bricklayer lay some block today. He is 68 and not the best of health but needs to keep generating some income. He is very heavy and struggles with the physical task of all aspects of the job. He was very appreciative of the help. It made me feel very I could help him.

You're a good man, street.

Played around with the R/C airplanes and a powered glider (all up flying weight 3.5 ounces) with a TV camera and transmitter onboard, and a display attached to the transmitter that has a video recorder in it. Then I could import that in to Premiere Elements and actually do something with it. And added a musical score to it, something that until last week I knew nothing about but which is included in Premiere Elements.

When you were a kid, if you ever wondered what it would be like to be able to fly around your neighborhood then a TV camera on a UMX size R/C airplane is the way to find out. The one in the link even has an extra cable included inside to connect to the TV camera/transmitter.

Went to the local farmers market, went to my fav local taqueria and got some huevos al la mexicanos to go and built a shelf closet.

I made a sign to put out at my community garden plot.

Attachments

• sign for garden.jpg
    sign for garden.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 58
Played around with the R/C airplanes and a powered glider (all up flying weight 3.5 ounces) with a TV camera and transmitter onboard, and a display attached to the transmitter that has a video recorder in it. Then I could import that in to Premiere Elements and actually do something with it. And added a musical score to it, something that until last week I knew nothing about but which is included in Premiere Elements.

When you were a kid, if you ever wondered what it would be like to be able to fly around your neighborhood then a TV camera on a UMX size R/C airplane is the way to find out. The one in the link even has an extra cable included inside to connect to the TV camera/transmitter.
Is this like the drones people are flying around the neighborhoods peeking in windows!:cool::LOL: Now b4 anyone gets mad I'm joking:greetings10:

Is this like the drones people are flying around the neighborhoods peeking in windows!:cool::LOL: Now b4 anyone gets mad I'm joking:greetings10:

I know you're joking. Some people do believe that it is possible to look in windows with them, but in the price range of the camera I have it just doesn't have the dynamic range to see in a window, at least not in the daytime. $16 & change doesn't buy much in that regard, but on the flip side I'm astonished they can make them so lightweight and cheap. The one I have is similar looking, I don't think it is the same one. I'll have to open an account on youtube or someplace to host it and then post a link to a video.

Today was yard work day, mowed the grass and changed the oil on the lawn mower. It's new and supposedly you never have to change the oil. I don't buy that for a minute. When I poured out the used oil (~3 or 4 hours running time) it looked like it had a lot of silvery particles in it as to be expected with a new engine. I'll change it again at the end of the season as usual from now on.

Out of curiosity I looked up what the average life of a lawn mower is, and it seems to be seven to ten years. Given the lack of maintenance that so many people give them I'm not surprised. I've consistently gotten between 20 and 25 years, but then I keep the oil changed and the air filter clean, the two biggies for long engine life.

So if people don't change the oil and clean the air filters, then it's no surprise the engines don't last long and then you get that "average mower life".

Walked dog, mowed back yard, did odds & ends and took my second shower of the day. 95F outside here with 70% humidity. Typical Gulf Coast weather. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom