What do you drive?

97guns

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just curious what you retirees are rolling in, I'm pretty low key in a 2014 Passat,. My brother is also retired and loves his toys - 2 Harley's, a chevy 4x4, and a 2012 Benz

A 2009 Toyota Venza. :D It has barely over 26,000 miles on it.

Attachments

• Venza640x480.jpg
    Venza640x480.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 84
Haven't we done this several times already? Slightly different phrasing to the question but everyone lists their cars!

Maybe I've been on this board toooo long.

A minivan.

I'm not retired, can I play? 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo (first car and toy), 1993 Ford F150 (beater/work truck), 2004 (the TeenDuh) and 2012 Honda CRv's (wifes car).

I only consider cars as a means to get from point A to point B on land. Mazda CX-5 with 70K miles, Dodge pickup with 113K miles. Nothing special.

Boats are another thing, however......

Haven't we done this several times already? Slightly different phrasing to the question but everyone lists their cars!

A minivan.
Good point, I think we have! If any of us can find an identical thread, I can combine them or point members to the prior thread.

2016 Subaru Outback Limited, ~26,000 miles
2016 GMC Canyon 4-dr 4WD, ~9,000 miles

We don't usually have such new cars... we sold my 2009 Subaru Legacy GT and bought the 2016 Outback in December 2015 because we wanted more room for our trips to FL but still wanted AWD for when we are home.

In mid-2016 I was told that my 2005 Chevy Colorado 4-dr 4WD frame was so rusted that it would not pass inspection so I traded it for the GMC Canyon.

2012 Triumph Street Triple:
2012-Street-Triple-R-white.jpg

Going out:
2012 Civic (the bastard child of in-between Civic generations):
05-2012-honda-civic-fd.jpg

On order:
2017 Ford Explorer Limited:
9eb493ad99a858d67b2ab3c966c0e6bax.jpg

Goodbye 40 MPG, hello comfort! :dance: :( :dance: :( :nonono:

2005 Honda Civic around 130k kms/81 k miles.

It has been discussed before, but hey...I will play.

Primary Ride: '09 Infiniti G37: 100K miles
Secondary Ride: '12 Toyo Highlander: 60K miles (DW uses as her daily driver)

2007 Rabbit. Bought it new. It hasn't even crossed the 35,000 mile marker yet and looks nearly new. I don't drive a lot, and cars are strictly utilitarian for me. I really like the fold down back seat/hatch--holds a ton of stuff.

Pride of the fleet, 2004 Hyundai XG 350L, it was their top of the line at the time, bought it in November 2003. $22,200 out the door. Our first new car, I was age 42. Gas mileage ? hahaha. It was included in the gas guzzling cash for clunkers program. I get about 14 MPG, it has 38 K miles on it. I spend more money on car washes than I do on gas. Not really a line item on my budget. Car replacement isnt a line item either, I hate driving, I like being a passenger if the driver is piloting a big safe car and going slow-ish. I think that satisfies the inquiry.

I think most people just want autos for transportation. That being the case something not too expensive and durable will fit the bill. I really like driving and therefore a large part of the reason I have autos is for entertainment. Comparing my choices to others would be useless and only cause an arguement. Furthermore, why would anyone care how many miles you have on it?

Last edited:
I just ordered my 2017 Ford F350 Platinum Ultimate. Crew Cab. 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, SRW, long box.

I am purchasing it for my rental business, as my current 2003 F350 7.3 is getting a bit old. I cannot write off any kids, but I can write off a truck...:clap:

A minivan.
More than that I think.

I usually have a different answer for this question since I change my daily drivers so often but I think the last time I answer this it was a 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT . Maybe it's time to buy another one since my answer is still the same. I'm not going to list my collectables again.

I think most people just want autos for transportation. That being the case something not too expensive and durable fit the bill. I really like driving and therefore a large part of the reason I have autos is for entertainment. Comparing my choices to others would be useless and only cause an arguement. Furthermore, why would anyone care how many miles you have on it?
I can think of several reasons, for starters:

Maybe some one is in the market for a 2003 diesel Jetta with 312k miles on it, or a 2004 Hyundai XG 350L with 38K.

I think most people just want autos for transportation.

That's not me for sure.

I really like driving and therefore a large part of the reason I have autos is for entertainment.

+1 me too!

Comparing my choices to others would be useless and only cause an arguement.

I love a good car argument (discussion). What's better, faster, quicker, more fun, best looking, etc.

Furthermore, why would anyone care how many miles you have on it?

Not as much these days since cars are so much more reliable/durable but back in the day, there was good reason to care. A 60's vintage car was pretty much worn out in 70 to 80k miles. (for the most part the engine, transmission and suspension needed to be overhauled). Yes, you could get more than 100k out of one but that usually that took a lot of repair work. Since the mid/late 90's models, if you take reasonable care of a quality vehicle, you can easily get 200k miles out of most of them and do little more than change the oil, tires and maybe a brake job or two.

Last edited:
I think most people just want autos for transportation. ...

That's us. (not retired for two more days though).

2009 Honda Civic (DW)
2012 Honda Fit with manual (me)
1995 F-150 for hauling crud.
1968 F-2000 for cutting and grading crud.

I only consider cars as a means to get from point A to point B on land. Mazda CX-5 with 70K miles, Dodge pickup with 113K miles. Nothing special.

Boats are another thing, however......
That's what I think about houses.

Back
Top Bottom