What is your favorite food item that has returned after a few years?

folivier

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hubig's pies. The factory in New Orleans burned down 10 years ago. They only made fried pies and delivered them fresh every morning.
I remember going into a convenience store or grocery and there was a box with various flavors. Always looked for a cherry pie but they were rare. Lemon and apple were the most common. Peach, sweet potato, and others were seasonal treats.
They're back! At least around New Orleans again. Haven't found them yet in our area but I'll keep looking.
What's your favorite treat that made a comeback?

Still in business but, it's my turn to get one this year for my ROMEO group -

Manny Randazzo's King Cake from New Orleans. I'll place the online order in February and take delivery here in The Woodlands, TX. It's sent via FedEx and cost a small fortune!

https://randazzokingcake.com/

The guy that makes the cut and finds the baby is on for next year's cake.:D

https://randazzokingcake.com/kc-the-king-cake-baby

King cake. If you've never had one or spent time in Louisiana during the spring you have no idea. I'm amazed when I go into a grocery store in the early morning and see a mountain of 100's if not 1000's of them lined up. Come back in the afternoon and they are all gone!
Last winter my DW had to fly home while we were at our cabin. She brought 2 (one for us and one for our weekly potluck) back with her. We treated our potluck group to one. Most of them had never had a king cake.

The only things that come to mind are 2 beverages that have made a bit of a comeback: New York Seltzer and Clearly Canadian. I kind of like a lightly flavoured water with a bit of fizz that's not too sweet.
They both kind of disappeared for a while as they struggled in the competitive beverage market but have had a bit of a revival when new owners took them over.

King cake. If you've never had one or spent time in Louisiana during the spring you have no idea. I'm amazed when I go into a grocery store in the early morning and see a mountain of 100's if not 1000's of them lined up. Come back in the afternoon and they are all gone!
Last winter my DW had to fly home while we were at our cabin. She brought 2 (one for us and one for our weekly potluck) back with her. We treated our potluck group to one. Most of them had never had a king cake.

I was served King Cake at our hotel in NOLA during MG. I got the baby in my piece, though I never returned to be host the next year or supply the king cake. The cake itself was quite tasty and unique (to me.) YMMV

Back
Top Bottom