What time of year did you retire at?

22-Dec-20 I'll go on vacation that will carry me thru to Official Retirement date of 1-Feb-21.

I'm 61 year old, so not a real early retirement but it beats Hell out of continuing to work.

I am so looking forward to being able to concentrate on life away from the Oilpatch - as oilfield is 24/7. The oilfield provided us a good living the last 43 year but it was all consuming....

Lifes A Dance And You Learn As You Go....

gamboolman....

I am so happy for you!:dance:

I pushed it off until the day before I turned 60. Just to say I retired in my 50's. One of the dumbest things I've done. I should have gone a few years before to get a head start on improving my health.

22-Dec-20 I'll go on vacation that will carry me thru to Official Retirement date of 1-Feb-21.

I'm 61 year old, so not a real early retirement but it beats Hell out of continuing to work.

I am so looking forward to being able to concentrate on life away from the Oilpatch - as oilfield is 24/7. The oilfield provided us a good living the last 43 year but it was all consuming....

Lifes A Dance And You Learn As You Go....

gamboolman....

Congratulations! :dance: :dance:

@ calico, how did you decide when to retire? Was there anything in particular or just seemed like the right time?

@ calico, how did you decide when to retire? Was there anything in particular or just seemed like the right time?

There were a lot of factors, but one main one was that I was eligible for the full pension after 25 years of service, and I reached that milestone in June of 2020.

End of Sept. Relayed elsewhere in these pages, I received an assignment I didn't want to do. Told my boss the day after Labour Day that I was retiring and my last working day would be that Friday. Official last day was end of Sept. due to accrued vacation. YMMV

^^^ It’s interesting how many people here, including me, just decided they didn’t like what was coming down the pipe next.

^^^ It’s interesting how many people here, including me, just decided they didn’t like what was coming down the pipe next.

Yeah, in my case, I had settled into the best of both worlds. I was definitely FI but was once again digging what I was doing. Then wham! The same old stuff came roaring back. No way was I going to put up with it when I didn't have to.

Back
Top Bottom