What's your favorite drink?

Beer - Corona Light or (Tiger Beer - when I can get it from overseas)
Liquor - Crown Royal

For someone who used to drink Cokes a lot, I don't even consider them anymore. Non-alky drink preferences for me are seltzer water, Pellegrino sparkling, Dunkin coffee. On the spirits side, as Sarah suggested, a pisco sour in Peru is mightyfine, and while I did learn to make them at home, there is too much work involved between the thirst and the slaking for me to make them often. For a walk down Mad Men lane I've discovered the bottomshelf buzz to be found in 3 (or4) fingers of Old Overholt rye over a single ice cube, but I'll pop for Bulleit when feeling festive.

Partied thru College with the lowest priced chianti from the Maine State Liquor Store. $.99 bottle... then, after the frat parties ended at 1 PM, and the girls went home... [/QUOTE]

I'm impressed with the timeline. Partying til 1 PM. You guys were tough.:)

During the day: Strong coffee in the morning, weak iced tea in the afternoon (no milk or sugar in either), several glasses of skim milk.

Evening adult beverages: Red wine, mildly hoppy beer (pale ales, stouts, etc.), and an occasional decent whiskey/whisky with one or two ice cubes floating in it. (Not in combination; I generally pick one, sometimes two of these for a given evening.)

Occasional Coke when I am craving one; occasional mixed drink to satisfy a crave or curiosity.

I'm concerned with the studies showing that diet drinks mess up the insulin-signalling biochemical pathways. I'm also concerned with drinking too much sugar. I also want to drink something sweet with no calories.

So how do I resolve all that? I now drink A&W RootBeer-10. I think it has enough artificial sweeteners to be sweet enough and low-carb enough, but with enough high-fructose corn syrup to keep the insulin pathways unfooled. Also, the strong root-beer flavor masks the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners. And I like the taste of root-beer.

Before/after exercise: Big glass of skim milk with a scoop of chocolate-flavored protein powder.

Alcoholic: Red wine
Non Alco: Green Tea

Alcoholic: Red wine
Non Alco: Green Tea

I used to drink a lot of green tea, until I had a kidney stone. My urologist told me to avoid all tea, along with spinach and a few other common foods. Haven't had a stone since.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Craft Ales and Riesling wine are my favorite drinks with alcohol. My daily favorite however is a Pepsi. I limit myself to one a day, but if a study would ever come out saying it was a health drink, I would drink a dozen a day easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For non-alchoholic I love a good Root Beer, Birch Beer or Sarsaparilla Soda! Vanilla and Cream also hit the spot!
Standard mass produced lager beer sorts me out but a Rum and Coke is what I really like.
I overall have a peasant's palate and am a cheap date so all the things that are supposedly "great" (all wines, fancy spirits etc.) just don't do it for me. The only wines I have ever liked have been with ice and some 7-UP (except for the Kool-Aide with alcohol varieties!!)

We just had a Total Wine open about a mile away. That will put some serious pressure on our expenses. I like Zinfandels and most Surley beers. Otherwise water, but it has to be cold.

Non alcoholic is Seltzer with a splash of cranberry and a lime, or a Pelligrino sparkling water.

Beers are Yuengling for a lager, Southern Tier 2X or Laganitas IPAs.

Dancing Bull Red Zin for my favorite red, Dr. Franks Riesling for white wines.

Canadian Club and Crown Royal for liquors.

Strong black coffee and McDonalds unsweetened ice tea for caffeine buzz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

A & W root beer or a big glass of cold chocolate milk.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Coffee, first thing in the morning and will have a second cup some days. Normally drink water all day and either 1% white milk with ice for dinner or a beer, depending on what is for dinner. I favor Yuengling, Corona Light or a pale ale. I will have a glass of white wine or a blush once in a while. I never, ever have any type of tea.

Water is my drink of choice for hydration. Craft beers are my favorite libation. Like many types, IPAs, stouts, sours, lambics etc.. Have been brewing my own for a couple of years. It is surprisingly easy and fun. With a little practice most home brewers prefer their own beers over all but the best craft beers.

Bourbon, neat. Vodka martini, shaken not stirred.

Non alc, OJ.

I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but I do like the Red Breast and even more lately Tullamore Dew.

Had some Cruzan 3 yr. rum a week or so ago in St. Croix that I liked. Probably the place and company had a bit to do with it.

Attachments

• DSCN1114.jpg
    DSCN1114.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 5
I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but I do like the Red Breast and even more lately Tullamore Dew.

Had some Cruzan 3 yr. rum a week or so ago in St. Croix that I liked. Probably the place and company had a bit to do with it.

Rum always tastes better in the Caribbean!

Martini straight up with a lemon twist. I'm currently drinking gins from St. George liquors. The Martini is a tie with a Sidecar (no sugar on the rim) which I am drinking as I write this.

When I drink beer these days I'm drinking Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale.

Perfect Manhatten shaken straight up.

Back
Top Bottom