When will gas prices alter driving habits??

Gas prices don't really concern me as I‘m retired. :D No commuting miles. :D I have 3 motorcycles that get 40 to 55MPG. :D Most of my neighbors will stop driving before I do. :D

I feel sorry for the working poor that have to get to work to make $7 bucks an hour. :'(

Bikerdude said:
Gas prices don't really concern me as I‘m retired. :D No commuting miles. :D I have 3 motorcycles that get 40 to 55MPG. :D Most of my neighbors will stop driving before I do. :D

I feel sorry for the working poor that have to get to work to make $7 bucks an hour. :'(

Well one concern is you will pay more for food in the stores and anything else that needs to be shipped by truck. Any service sector will also pass on the increased prices to the consumer.

ust like when I see 19 cars idling at the bojangles fast food driveup window waiting for a darn biscuit!

We have already established that most people here including yourself would not change your habits until gas reaches somewhere around $5/gal. So if they waited in the drive thru when gas was $1.50/gal, what surprises you about them waiting in the drive-thru when gas is $3/gal.

rjpatt said:
We have already established that most people here including yourself would not change your habits until gas reaches somewhere around $5/gal. So if they waited in the drive thru when gas was $1.50/gal, what surprises you about them waiting in the drive-thru when gas is $3/gal.

I would make some serious changes at $4.00. When it went to around $3.00 early in 2006, I traded an SUV for a Honda Accord, and saved $840 in gas last year......... :eek: :eek: :eek:

the post-katrina gas run-up had me perusing the want-ads for a few months (I currently have a 60 mile round trip commute :eek: ), though I didn't find anything that could match the bennies (financial and otherwise) I get here. We ARE looking for homes closer to my w*rk, as I intend to stay there till FIRE. At least one of our cars is probably going to be replaced with a hybrid, though we both drive fairly efficient cars.

Mwsinron said:
Well one concern is you will pay more for food in the stores and anything else that needs to be shipped by truck. Any service sector will also pass on the increased prices to the consumer.

And just when I was feeling so good... :-\

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom