When's dinner/lunch

rescueme said:
You sound as if you are on Twitter, in which every action must be "reported" moment to moment, to others.

Am I wrong?

Sorry we don't see eye to eye on this. I'm just curious about when others dine on an average ER day and I appreciate the 20+ replies. It will be a total lifestyle change for us.
You're right, Twitter is a moment to moment affair and can be fun and newsworthy depending on who you choose to follow.

I eat breakfast around 9:00am, lunch is somewhere between noon and about 1:30pm, and supper is normally between 6:30-8:00pm. We snack a little between meals...fruit, cheese, popcorn, or chips. And usually around 11:00pm we'll have milk 'n' cookies.

Watch it; DW/me will "bomb" you with a couple of cases of Spam when we visit (Maui) early next year - when we overfly your island :LOL: ...
Turn northwest at Pearl Harbor and follow Kipapa Gulch up to the house with all the shiny photovoltaic panels on the roof... and bombs away!

We're staying in a condo that has units for sale, on Maui. Who knows, maybe we will become "island neighbors" in the future :facepalm: ...
We like Maui a lot, but almost every single condo on that island has units for sale. (If you're over on Kapalua side I can recommend a nice beachfront place.) Honobob's claims to the contrary, I don't know anyone who's making money in Hawaii real estate these days. Unless you like staying at the same address on each vacation, it's almost certainly much cheaper to continue to "rent" them through VRBO or other vacation websites.

After 6 months of ER nothing has changed with regard to eating times. My DW still works so the normal eating schedule still prevails. Also, I try to eat lunch with friends (still working) as often as I can so I can get some social interaction and not be isolated at home. DW is up around 7am and out of the house around 8:30 so either my day starts earlier than 7 (like today) because I want to get an early start on the day or starts around 9:30am.

Breakfast around 9:00 am. Usually some kind of dry cereal covered in Greek yogurt. About 2 times a week a two egg cheese omelet. Always have a mug of coffee.

Lunch around noon, maybe 1:00 pm. Sandwiches, cottage cheese, cheese and crackers, salad, etc. in the summer. Soups or heated leftovers in the winter in addition to the above.

Dinner 5:30 to 6:00. Kids at home and they want to eat, hence the early dinner. I make dinner almost every night. Everything from simple pasta and sauce to fancy dishes that take a lot of prep. When the weather is warm enough, I grill and BBQ and lot. Tri-tip, burgers, chicken, ribs, etc.

If we are traveling or the kids are off with grandma or grandpa we tend to eat a combined lunch and dinner in the mid to late afternoon and then just snack in the evening. We too like the sparse crowds. When we go out for all you can eat sushi, the dinner prices kick in at 3:00 pm at most places. We try and eat before that and it saves us $10 or $12 bucks. I think if we had the freedom, in other words no kids hanging around, we'd eat breakfast mid-morning, a big lunch/dinner combo and then just a light snack or two in the evening.

Watch it; DW/me will "bomb" you with a couple of cases of Spam when we visit (Maui) early next year - when we overfly your island :LOL: ...

We know a couple that moved from Hawaii to Nevada, why I'm not sure ;) She makes this great Spam sushi concoction, Nori, rice, Spam, mayo. Sounds weird, tastes awesome. They take it out on picnics and such.

We know a couple that moved from Hawaii to Nevada, why I'm not sure ;) She makes this great Spam sushi concoction, Nori, rice, Spam, mayo. Sounds weird, tastes awesome. They take it out on picnics and such.
For Hawaii expats that end up in your part of the world it's frequently:
1. Hawaii cost of living.
2. Respiratory problems caused by Big Island vog.
3. Hawaii's ninth island: Las Vegas...

I'm not sure if it's still this way, but for a number of years there was a kink in the federal civil-service system (high-three?) that inspired a number of Hawaii residents to complete their careers in Mainland billets (at a higher salary) before retiring to Hawaii (or Vegas).

Eat at least 4 meals a day - breakfast, lunch ,dinner and either a snack btw lunch and dinner or if not, then supper. Times are flexible depending on when I finish my morning exercise, whether I want to avoid lunch crowd on that day and how late DH gets back from work for dinner. First meal would usually be around 9 am and last meal could be around 10 pm.

For Hawaii expats that end up in your part of the world it's frequently:
1. Hawaii cost of living.
2. Respiratory problems caused by Big Island vog.
3. Hawaii's ninth island: Las Vegas...

I'm not sure if it's still this way, but for a number of years there was a kink in the federal civil-service system (high-three?) that inspired a number of Hawaii residents to complete their careers in Mainland billets (at a higher salary) before retiring to Hawaii (or Vegas).

We know a couple who are from the Big Island and several times when we are together, they will come across people from Hawaii, some they have not seen for years.

Las Vegas even has an ABC Store, whose roots are from Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom