Corvallis, OR
Montgomery, AL
Lufkin, TX
Tallassee, AL (Lake Martin)
Ponce Inlet, FL
Alexander City, AL (Lake Martin)
On the road (RV)
Daytona Beach Shores, FL
Next? (Plan to move or full-time RV again this spring)

Too many places! More than anyone who has posted so far and I don't even want to think about it. It's gross.

I don't like moving around all the time, like I have had to do during most of my life. I hate it with a passion. Consequently I am determined to stay put. I am as firmly planted as I can possibly manage, right here, right now. I don't want to or intend to EVER move again. :nonono: Nope, no way, not me, not again (please!!!) :LOL:

F and I were just talking about this an hour ago. We don't see any reason right now why we would ever need to move again. Of course, situations change but so far so good. :-\

With the Oroville dam being in the news today, it just occurred to me that I forgot to include Yuba City as a place where I lived briefly when I was counting my moves. Yuba City is very forgettable IIRC, and I only lived there for about six months almost 50 years ago. So anyway, when I said I had moved 29 times, it was really 30 times. Never again. 30 moves are more than enough.

I have lived in my dream house for 19.5 months by now, and it is still sheer bliss to live here. Last week we had a gateway put in the fence between F's house and mine, in the backyard. It's so nice to be this close to one another.

Last edited:
Many here have lived in more places than I've visited. Guess I should get out more...

Many here have lived in more places than I've visited. Guess I should get out more...
I'm trying to even things out from the other end. I haven't been more than 5 miles from home in at least five years. I seldom go more than 2-3 miles from home. Everything is close by.

:dance:

I did move into my dream house, but it was only about 3 miles from my old house.

Last edited:
Different strokes …

I still love to travel. Getting another new country next month, and still another in May.

Chronologically:
Dillon, SC
Indianapolis, IN
West Lafayette, IN
Newport, RI (several times)
Yokosuka, Japan
Charleston, SC (twice)
Virginia Beach, VA (twice)
La Jolla, CA
Manama, Bahrain
Coronado, CA

I'm trying to even things out from the other end. I haven't been more than 5 miles from home in at least five years. I seldom go more than 2-3 miles from home. Everything is close by.

:dance:

I did move into my dream house, but it was only about 3 miles from my old house.

I have some/many? travel plans in the "bucket", but on an average day I rarely venture beyond ten miles in any direction.

North Eastern MA the last 29 years. Before that, South FL, SC and God-Knows-Where as an Air Force brat...

Back
Top Bottom