Whoa, I sure do not miss this stuff!

I lived in New Jersey for thirty years .When someone asks me about Newark I ask if they've ever been to a battle zone because that's what Newark looks like .
Except for the iron bound section .Is that still there ?

Moemg said:
I lived in New Jersey for thirty years .When someone asks me about Newark I ask if they've ever been to a battle zone because that's what Newark looks like .

Yes the Ironbound section is still there. Some good resturants Portugese places, the real problem is that the city quite frankly is dangerous, even in that section.

I am happy to be gone.

The only part of Newark I saw was the airport. Though I did take the train from Trenton to Manhattan, and that was a bit of an experience...

Moemg said:

In the 60s I worked in Paterson and uptown Manhattan (stories for another day) . When I went home to Oregon my friends were concerned for my safety because of the riots in Newark. My response was 'If you lived and worked in their conditions you would riot too." In those days druggies used heroin - not particularly violent.

I have heard conditions improved, but guess not...

Back
Top Bottom