You know, I really don't care for Pot Luck Dinners!

Become known for your "specialty" like marshmellowed-asparagus (with a prune sauce)* and they'll eventually quit asking if you are coming.:whistle:

*Apologies to the late, great George Carlin.

Oooo! Good one!

Audrey

Interesting, we live in a remote area. Closest town is about 15 miles away. We have a 'Friday Windown'. Our Golf Club closed a little over a year ago. So to keep the happy hour going we rotate homes. It is BYOB, and host provides chips and dip. Low key, and I would say we have about 60% participation on any given Friday. It last about 2 hours.
During the normal season here there is a weekly "Social Hour" where everyone brings their own drinks, chairs, plates, and brings an appetizer.

The meal is a monthly cook-out thing. First Friday of the month - bring your own food to grill at the clubhouse, and bring a side dish to share. This approach is much more manageable IMO.

But still I think we only went to one of the cookouts last season. It was a bit challenging sharing grill space with everyone. I burned my lamb chops because someone else's food was dripping on mine plus the fire on my side of the grill was way too hot.

If we ever do that again I'll grill my meat at home and then take it! :D

Audrey

We used to get together at friends houses every other month but now we have started a once a month dinner at a local restaurant that lets us eat slowly & linger over drinks . We all really enjoy it because it's just enough togetherness without the work .

Anyone identify? (heh, heh with all the introverts here, I expect I am not alone).

Idea for a cartoon: A meeting room with a banner that says "Welcome Introverts!" and there's no one there.

Well I had a really nice week not thinking about this Friday's pot luck at all.

This evening a neighbor asked me if we were going to the dinner. I just smiled and said no. He mentioned something about how they have a lot of fun when they get together. At that, the ready excuses flowed from my lips - about being busy with projects or tired from a busy week.

I guess the other folks here are really into the weekly pot luck dinner thing.

But gosh, it was so nice not even thinking about going!

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom