$750,000

daystar

Recycles dryer sheets
So, it's been about 2.5 years since I've posted on here. I closed out 2013 with a net worth of about $750,000 at age 34. My previous milestones were $500,000 in November 2011, and $250,000 in December 2006.

Now, before anyone asks how I got to $750,000 so quickly, I should mention that my grandma had given me stock when I was a child that amounted to about $100,000 in 2003, when the stock market was just starting to recover from the Dot Com Bust. I also received cash gifts of about $140,000 over the last decade from my parents, which for the most part I never spent.

I would say that I saved around $400,000 since I started working for the federal government in 2003 and the other $350,000 came from the assets I receive from my parents and grandma.

I just thought I would celebrate with you all my recent success and hope in the next 5 years, I can get to that big MILLION dollar mark. :dance:

That is a great milestone - congratulations on the achievement. It must be a good number, since it's the default number on the Firecalc home page!

Congratulations on your accumulations and your very responsible handling of generous gifts. Thank your grandma and your parents, often. They've given you a great headstart and you've done well with it.

Also, you are at or near a critical mass point where your investment portfolio will have a lot of power to grow itself. Keep up the good work and enjoy the ride.

Congratulations!

Sounds like you are a wonderful caretaker of your $$$ gifts and a great saver in your own right.

The amazing thing to me is that you had $100K at age 22/23 and resisted spending it. I'm not sure I would have been so responsible. Well done!

Nice!
It will grow faster - your money will be working with you! Assuming the market does well.....1,000,000. Will be around the corner :dance:

The amazing thing to me is that you had $100K at age 22/23 and resisted spending it. I'm not sure I would have been so responsible. Well done!
Yes, +1 to that here too.

At the age of 50, I'm about $10,000 away from the 750K mark, so you are way ahead of me. Good job. You're well on your way!

Congrats. I have heard/read that the first mil is the hardest one and it just gets easier from then on. I have no doubt you will be hitting your goals soon.

Well done! Congrats. I agree with Williers - remarkable that you invested your inheritance at age 22.

Congrats there quarter millionaire!

We are at $700k, so soon we'll be quarter millionaires this year! Ages 35/37 here.

Congrats, well done!

You're probably already a member of "the 1%" if not the 0.1% or 0.01% (for 30-somethings). :D

Congratulations! This is a significant milestone, you should be very proud of yourself.

Back
Top Bottom