Anyone part of a mastermind group??

thumbs

Recycles dryer sheets
Did a little searching and didn't find anything too recent. If I missed an existing topic, feel free to steer me in that direction.

I have been in a mastermind group for a couple years now with 4 others looking to obtain FI. Is anyone else in a similar group? Would you say it's been a help?

Curious to hear others experiences, and tips to get the most out of it.

thumbs

We are a mastermind group of sorts, just a little bigger than average. :)

Interesting, I learn something new every day. I had no idea what a mastermind group was before this thread (my initial reaction was a group dedicated to the game of the same name, which was one of my favorites :)).

It would be really nice if someone posted a definition of "mastermind group" for us non-masterminds. :)
+1, I don't know if the OP is talking about some Illuminati or Masonic-type group, SPECTRE, KAOS, or what. Recruiting to take over the world?

Never play any game with the same name. Somehow I was thinking that this has to do with politics, and might be a revolutionary group. :)

Mastermind group
Mastermind groups have been around for a long time, but the phrase “mastermind group” was first coined by Napoleon Hill in his book Think and Grow Rich. According to Hill, a mastermind group is a “co-ordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.”.

What is a Mastermind Group? A Definition, plus articles, classes | The Success AllianceThe Success Alliance
Thanks, that helps. I agree that this place kind of fits this, though it doesn't have the commitment from members (people participate, come and go as they please), nor the focus to keep things on track (as we see from many threads).

I chuckled at the name when I was first asked go join. Seemed obnoxiously elitist. The theme of our group is financial freedom. We have varying methods for achieving financial freedom amongst the members (day trading, real estate, business, buy and hold stocks etc) but we do have a couple mandatory requirements. (Everyone must be putting money away on an ongoing basis, for investing in their financial freedom)

I was thinking that this has to do with politics, and might be a revolutionary group. :)

Hitchhiking in Europe with my first wife, not long after the current Canadian flag was introduced......someone had given us one, and we held it up between us.......got a ride with a Dutch businessman who had mistaken the red maple leaf for a symbolic explosion, and who thought we might be subversives. :LOL:

(I've never heard of Masterminds either.)

+1, I don't know if the OP is talking about some Illuminati or Masonic-type group, SPECTRE, KAOS, or what. Recruiting to take over the world?
I found myself at a meeting a few years ago with a guy who had been director of the CIA and NSA, another who was the Asst Secretary of Defense, another who was the #2 guy at Dept of Homeland Defense, and a few others who had been in charge of defense contractors.

Masterminds? I dunno, but it was an eerie feeling being in that room, although it was a rather boring meeting.

I work with two guys who were in some mastermind group. They got into multi-level marketing schemes, house flipping, forex, etc.

Several of us in the forum might be in a mastermind group. But, it could be a secret mastermind group and I can't confirm or deny its existence. In fact this post may get me kicked out of the group. Well, at least I did not divulge or plan for world domination. (We are retired after all. What else do have to do.)

FN

I'm in one. Guess which one is me.

ca1e82814fbabf4703590d43509c7f4c2c1ce2403a1e634162043cef0a894c7f.jpg

Interesting, I learn something new every day. I had no idea what a mastermind group was before this thread (my initial reaction was a group dedicated to the game of the same name, which was one of my favorites :)).

+1

Don't see the need to call a club a 'mastermind' group, but to each his own I guess.

Ummm...wouldn't marriage count? :)

M According to Hill, a mastermind group is a “co-ordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony, between two [-]or more[/-] people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.”.

It's been quite a long time since I played, but I think I have one tucked away somewhere; I'll have to dig it out.

But isn't it a two-person game? I'm unsure how group play would work. :confused: Perhaps you are playing "New Mastermind"?

9c103ed04e35c7a0228cfa66e337f5d0_ra,w380,h380_pa,w380,h380.jpeg

Here's a link you might enjoy.

Last edited:
Ummm...wouldn't marriage count? :)

My first thought also, and I have never been nor ever intend to be, married. perhaps it is easier to be an idealist from the outside looking in.

never heard the term, but have been over the years part of a number of groups of friends and acquaintances who met to discuss things financial. never a group with any requirements, however, thats not my style.

LOL. Many years ago, someone tried to recruit me into MENSA. I went as far as taking the test (which is not as bad as people imagine), and attending a couple of meetings with the someone.

Bottom line, I was too cheap to pay the membership fee :LOL:

Darn... Thought that someone else here was a member of Mensa. :(

Back
Top Bottom