Child-free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us have elected not to take that particular journey. There is no "must take".

As a pediatrician I saw many parenting disasters. People who obviously have difficulty managing their own lives bring children into their chaotic world and give them a disastrous start, setting up a cycle of dysfunction that will last for generations. But even parents who seemingly do everything right can be faced with disasters not of their own making. They are just better able to cope.

So no one should have children? Too much can go wrong! All human reproduction must stop immediately and permanently. Earth will be a better place in a few decades!

Its hard to determine the actual impact of having children on your life, good or bad, until you have them, and then its a little too late to make this decision. :facepalm:

You hit the nail on the head. This was the main reason we never had kids. We just kept thinking it was such a big decision. To this day I don't regret our (non) decision, but still do not know if that will ever change.

Just curious. Those of you that decided not to have children did you come from a large/small family, close/not so close family?

I never even thought about having children, I just knew I would one day! I have 3 siblings and came from a rather large (aunts, uncles, cousins, neices, nephews) and close family. As a family we spent alot of time together on vacations, holidays, b-days, etc.

My mother was an only child and she had 4 kids and now has 11 grand children and 2 great grand children.

Things that make you go.....hmmmmmmmm :)

Mike

Last edited:
So no one should have children? Too much can go wrong! All human reproduction must stop immediately and permanently. Earth will be a better place in a few decades!

In what language does "some of us" translate to "no one?"

Just curious. Those of you that decided not to have children did you come from a large/small family, close/not so close family?

I never even thought about having children, I just knew I would one day! I have 3 siblings and came from a rather large (aunts, uncles, cousins, neices, nephews) and close family. As a family we spent alot of time together on vacations, holidays, b-days, etc.

My mother was an only child and she had 4 kids and now has 11 grand children and 2 great grand children.

Things that make you go.....hmmmmmmmm :)

Mike

I was one of three, and my husband is one of two. I always disliked being around children, even when I was one. There was never a time in my life where I thought I would have kids. My brother was always playing with our younger cousins and I was always playing with the dogs.

Each of my siblings has 3 kids and seem relatively happy about it. My DH never wanted them either, as far as I know, but I guess if I'd gotten knocked up we would have dealt with it. Thank God, as Feever says, for being born late enough to have the choice.

I'm very very happy with my decision, and grow more so with every passing year. My <snort> "maternal urges" are used up being a caring and decent person to our wide circle of friends. I forget sometimes I'm actually in the minority, not having them, because we mostly have friends nowadays who don't have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom