It took two years!

ab620

Dryer sheet aficionado
It took two long years of tight budgeting! It took two years of saying no to things I wanted to do! It took two years of spending weeks away from my family so I could make more money! It took sacrifice & hours of overtime.

Starting at making 80k to last year making 142k. We paid off $84,000 in debt in two years!

The DW and I are DEBT FREE!!!!!

:biggrin::dance::D:dance::D:dance::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
It took two long years of tight budgeting! It took two years of saying no to things I wanted to do! It took two years of spending weeks away from my family so I could make more money! It took sacrifice & hours of overtime.

Starting at making 80k to last year making 142k. We paid off $84,000 in debt in two years!

That's all rather selfish of you, don't you think? I mean, how are the banks going to survive?

Woohoo! Good job. I know that's a weight off.

I know! However, I would rather keep my money. :D

Wow...just wow...

But seriously, I once (well, more than once) had a conversation with my kids about debt. I explained how their great-great-grandparents came to this country with nothing. Worked hard, and in 15 years, owned their own home.

I explained that credit card debt was voluntary slavery. And that if they wanted to volunteer to be slaves, they could do that, but they would essentially be undoing what the four generations before them worked so hard to achieve, for themselves and for them. Freedom from debt.

It was a great speech. It worked for one of them. Not so good for the other but I think it's starting to gain some traction.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Congrats. Now, keep the record going! My wife and I decided 25 years ago that we couldn't continue subsidizing our chosen lifestyle by using borrowed funds, so we got rid of the consumer debt, later the mortgage, and never borrowed again!

The new thing in our lives is that credit card companies have lowered our spending limits because we aren't using them at a level commensurate with the higher levels. Fine with us!

-BB

Waahooooo !

Congratulations - it feels good doesn't it?
We do things like pay off mortgages early, and zero out home equity loans and credit cards - crazy right?
Just get ready for your credit card company to start sending those pesky Blank Checks, begging you to borrow :LOL:

The Credit Card Companies hate you.:mad: Great job and tell everyone you can!:dance:

Oh, yes indeed!

There is a word the financial industry uses to describe people like us that have (and use) credit cards but never pay any interest: "Deadbeats".:LOL:

Well done.

Congratulations! I’m sure it feels great. I hope you are now going to apply the funds previously used to pay off your debt to investing so that you will have plenty of cash flow once you retire (early). Well done!!

Back
Top Bottom