Staying the course is a day-to-day struggle

For Ford, I always liked "F***ed Over Rebuilt Dodge". I think that slam came about because the first Fords used engines from Dodge Brothers.

My favorite is "Speed kills! Drive a Honda and live forever."

Found On Rubbish Dump
Ford Owners Really Dumb
****er Only Runs Downhill

Ford...at least they circled the problem...

Attachments

• ford.jpg
    ford.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 82
You folks sure seem to be blasting automobiles built by American, union workers.

youbet said:
You folks sure seem to be blasting automobiles built by American, union workers.

Of course. Ford and GM will possibly go bankrupt unless those fat cat unions start to realize they don't live in an isolated world and free of competition. This subject has been worked to death on other threads.

GM and Ford have to cut back on retiree benefits and current wages. Who else has no deductible, no co-pay health insurance? Certainly no one else I know of in the private sector. I am quite happy to buy American built Asian or European vehicles.

Cars are one of my greatest joys. Either to look at, criticize, or lust after. When was the last time I lusted after an american car? If we're not talking about Corvettes, GTs, or 300M then forget it. American cars have too much going against them. Their overhead is too high (unions) and there cars are boring. I bought a 2002 Altima with the 240hp motor because it looked hot and at the time the styling was unique. You can't make crap and then wonder why no one is buying or you have to have 10k rebates to move them off the lot. Notive Toyota isn't giving those type of rebates if any. Now if the 300M would have came out at the same time then I would have bought one. It is a unique car with 340hp works everytime.
Ok I'm off my soap box....welcome back to your regularly programed show.

AltaRed said:
Who else has no deductible, no co-pay health insurance? Certainly no one else I know of in the private sector.

Actually most members of the upper management teams (mainly VP's) at large American corporations have no deductible, no co-pay health insurance.  They also usually get expensive annual phisical checkups and free retiree health coverage amongst other perks.     

Maybe, maybe not. They don't at my large corporation. Besides, you've missed the point. We were talking about unions and who they are competing with directly on the shop floor.

2000 Chevy Silverado, built in Ft. Wayne, IN. That's perty Merican, I think!! :p

Update: I topped off the Roth so both are maxed for the year. I feel better now, and the car fund can wait =p.

azanon said:
Update:  I topped off the Roth so both are maxed for the year.   I feel better now, and the car fund can wait =p.

Good choice. Patience is always a virtue when making large purchases.

Jay_Gatsby said:
Good choice.  Patience is always a virtue when making large purchases.

As long as you don't die before it comes time to tap that roth.... which you probably improved your odds of by forgoing the WRX :)

Back
Top Bottom