Time to quit? quiz

sgeeeee

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
from an article on aol: http://jobs.aol.com/article?id=20050808184809990100
Try the following quiz to see how many of these "quitting signs" are true for you. For each statement, note whether it is something you "Often," "Sometimes" or "Never" experience. (If a statement doesn't fit, feel free to adapt it to your situation or skip it.)

1. I find it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

2. I'm often late for work.

3. Once I arrive at work, it takes me a while to actually get started working.

4. I sit at my desk and daydream.

5. I have less patience with customers or co-workers than I used to.

6. I spend time at work doing personal tasks.

7. I look at job Web sites when I'm at work.

8. I get impatient with rules and red tape at work.

9. I take more breaks than I should.

10. When I have to phone people as part of my job, I spend more time chatting than I need to.

11. I feel tired during the workday.

12. I don't bother mentioning concerns to the boss because it's usually a waste of time.

13. If I leave the office during the day, I take my time getting back to work.

14. I do the minimum amount of work required.

15. I check the time throughout the day to see how close to quitting time it is.

16. I feel bored at work.

17. I kill time during the day by chatting with co-workers or doing other nonessential tasks.

18. I schedule medical and other personal appointments during working hours.

19. I start getting ready to leave work before quitting time.

20. I am out the door as soon as it is quitting time.

21. On the weekends, I look at the job classifieds or surf job sites on the Internet.

22. I have called in sick when I wasn't sick.

23. I complain to my friends and family about my job.

24. I'm thinking about having to go back to work.

25. When I'm on vacation, I dread going back to work.

Give yourself zero points for each "Never" answer, one point for each "Sometimes" answer and two points for each "Often" answer. Add up your points and measure your level of job satisfaction.

Zero to 10 points: Very satisfied
11-20 points: Somewhat satisfied
21-30 points: Somewhat dissatisfied
31-40 points: Very dissatisfied
41-50 points: Why are you still working there?

33 - guess I'm not as bad off as I thought.

25 here - Thought it was going to be worse. I'd still rather not work.

Haven't yet found the key to these golden handcuffs...

You a funny man aren't ya! You have some fuzzy math going on there.

I scored a 28, but mostly because I think that quiz is designed for those who are not self-employed.

For example,

#2 doesn't apply (being late for work) because I make my own hours anyway.

#7 doesn't apply (looking at job websites) because I would never work for someone besides myself.

#12 doesn't apply (complaining to the boss) since I'm not a schizo.

#19 & 20 doesn't apply (quitting time) since I have no specific time of the day established for "quitting time." When I finish my to-do list for the day, I leave.

#21 doesn't apply (looking in the classifieds) - same as #7

#22 doesn't apply (calling in sick when not sick) since I would be lying to myself. Again, I'm not a schizo.

#23 doesn't apply (complaining about my job) since even if I hated my job, I would not complain to other people about it. I'm not a complainer by nature and I can't stand when people complain about their problems, especially when it's the same complaint over and over again.

((^+^)) SG said:
Try the following quiz to see how many of these "quitting signs" are true for you.
In my working days I would have scored a 36... but I tended to wake up early anyway and go in before the traffic. Alone in the building, I'd get more done by 8 AM than some would accomplish all day.

Otherwise my score would be in the low 40s.

I ended up with a 30. I thought it would be worse than that! I still don't want to work, though.

((^+^)) SG said:
Zero to 10 points: Very satisfied
11-20 points: Somewhat satisfied
21-30 points: Somewhat dissatisfied
31-40 points: Very dissatisfied
41-50 points: Why are you still working there?

I retired a few years ago. If I had taken that test before I retired, my score would have been 33.

I scored a 19, but I agree that some things don't apply. I am never late, but we have flex-time, which I love! I guess that I am not as bad off as some with the numbers. People keep telling me that I will know when I am ready to retire and so far I don't know it yet. I am definitely looking forward to it, but so far keep going back and forth on it. I just started working an alternate work schedule in October where I work 8-9 hr days,1-8 hr day and get every other Monday off and I am loving it so far. I love having a whole day to myself at home (not that I don't love my family)!!!

Dreamer

34 --Not surprised at all. I thought it would have been higher. :LOL:

I do see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train coming at me. :D

I didn't even have to take the quiz to know it's time for me to quit. Reading those questions made me think someone must be spying on me :p

Now try this quiz in the reverse to see if you enjoy ER.  Substitute "play" with any activity you enjoy. No need to assign points.  Just see if you have a good feeling at the end.

1. I find it hard easy to get out of bed in the morning.

2. I'm often late for work play.

3. Once I arrive at workplay, it takes me a while to actually get started workingplaying.

5. I have lessmore patience with customers or co-workerspeople than I used to.

6. I spend time at workhome doing personal tasks.

7. I look at job Web sites when I'm at workhome.

8. I get impatient with rules and red tape at work patient at play.

10. When I have to phone people as part of my jobplay, I spend more time chatting than I need to.

11. I feel tired during the work day.

12. I don't bother mentioning concerns to the boss anyone because it's usually a waste of time.

13. If I leave the office my home during the day, I take my time getting back to workhome.

14. I do the minimum amount of workplay required.

15. I check the time throughout the day to see how close to quitting time it ismuch more fun time I have.

16. I feel bored at workplay.

17. I kill time during the day by chatting with co-workers people or doing other nonessential tasks.

18. I schedule medical and other personal appointments during working hours playtime.

19. I start getting ready to leave work play before quitting time playtime ends.

20. I am out the door as soon as it is quitting time end of playtime.

21. On the weekends, I look at the job classifieds or surf job sites my to-do list or just surf on the Internet.

22. I have called in sick made believe I was sick when I wasn't sick.

23. I complain to my friends and family about my job list of fun things to do.

24. I'm thinking about having to go back to work play.

25. When I'm on vacation, I dread going back to work vacation.

17 but surprised it is that low. Actually would have scored 3 for a few of the points if I could have - which would have put me over 20. Maybe part of it is my impatience to get to April 30, 06 which is when I have decided to ER.

Barely a 21 which makes me think it is not so much the job it is what the job keeps you from doing with your time.

retire@40 said:
Now try this quiz in the reverse to see if you enjoy ER.  Substitute "play" with any activity you enjoy.  No need to assign points.  Just see if you have a good feeling at the end.

1. I find it hard easy to get out of bed in the morning.

2. I'm often late for work play.

3. Once I arrive at workplay, it takes me a while to actually get started workingplaying.

5. I have lessmore patience with customers or co-workerspeople than I used to.

6. I spend time at workhome doing personal tasks.

7. I look at job Web sites when I'm at workhome.

8. I get impatient with rules and red tape at work patient at play.

10. When I have to phone people as part of my jobplay, I spend more time chatting than I need to.

11. I feel tired during the work day.

12. I don't bother mentioning concerns to the boss anyone because it's usually a waste of time.

13. If I leave the office my home during the day, I take my time getting back to workhome.

14. I do the minimum amount of workplay required.

15. I check the time throughout the day to see how close to quitting time it ismuch more fun time I have.

16. I feel bored at workplay.

17. I kill time during the day by chatting with co-workers people or doing other nonessential tasks.

18. I schedule medical and other personal appointments during working hours playtime.

19. I start getting ready to leave work play before quitting time playtime ends.

20. I am out the door as soon as it is quitting time end of playtime.

21. On the weekends, I look at the job classifieds or surf job sites my to-do list or just surf on the Internet.

22. I have called in sick made believe I was sick when I wasn't sick.

23. I complain to my friends and family about my job list of fun things to do.

24. I'm thinking about having to go back to work play.

25. When I'm on vacation, I dread going back to work vacation.
I'm impressed with your insight and effort, R@40. :LOL: :LOL:

GTM said:
Barely a 21 which makes me think it is not so much the job it is what the job keeps you from doing with your time.

To answer vic's question, ditto on the above. I scored 2 on hard to get out of bed, and late to work. I figure if they can count on me for doing what it takes to get the job done, including working from home and all the rest, I'll get there when I get there. :D

Oh, and surfing the web at work...uh....maybe a little time here. ;)

Back
Top Bottom