100,000th post by brewer12345

dory36

Early-Retirement.org Founder, Developer of FIRECal
Congrats to brewer12345 fpr posting our 100,000th message...

brewer12345 said:
Using a 67 YO with a home value of 250k and a Minneapolis zip, I get a lump sum of $133k or a monthly check of $800.  Not too shabby.

If we take the income option, she would still need to come up with a portfolio that would throw off about $10k.  That's still a required portfolio of $213k, which requires annual savings of $4100 between now and then.  Sounds a bit more doable, especially if there is an employer match on the 401k or our mystery retiree is willing to take on some seasonal work to make a few extra bucks.

In the moderator area Nords noticed in mid-December that we were closing in on 2000 users and 100,000 posts. We hit 2000 users in early - mid January 2006 and 100,000 posts on January 27, 2006:

er99999.gif

er100k.gif

REWahoo, Martha and I were online watching the last 20 or so posts count up to 100k, so I got this screenshot and we verified the brewer post was the 100,000 post mark.

I'm not sure which user was #2000. Users and messages have ID numbers, but they aren't lined up with the stats because of deletions and other influences.

I really like that the 100,000th post was an on-topic, researched, helpful reply to a retirement question. It really captures the core purpose of the forum.

And congrats and thanks to dory36 for creating this place and the atmosphere. And thanks to the moderators--both official and unofficial-who have been chasing away the spammers since the board became attractive to them.

brewer12345 said:
Heh, so what did I win? ;)

The forum moderators all chipped in and entered your name in the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. Good luck in winning that big prize!

PS: You don't have to pay for the subscription to "Progressive Farming and Animal Husbandry" if you don't want to. It isn't supposed to effect your odds of winning, but you never know. If you do cancel, feel free to keep the first issue as a souvenir of you 100,00th post. :) You're welcome...

I rather like the birthday cake. Not sure about the "animal husbandry" thing. I'm pretty sure that's illegal here in NJ.

BigMoneyJim said:
I really like that the 100,000th post was an on-topic, researched, helpful reply to a retirement question. It really captures the core purpose of the forum.

A statistically amazing thing ;)

Bet you guys were sweating bullets as to who the 100,000'th post was going to go to... :LOL:

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Bet you guys were sweating bullets as to who the 100,000'th post was going to go to... :LOL:

CFB, don't feel too bad about not being the 100k poster. You were definitely in the running and did finish as first runner up for miss congeniality. In recognition of your recent contributions to the forum and not wanting you to go away empty-handed, Martha suggested we award you the booby prize. ::)

I'm sure they it will make a great hood ornament for your new Lexus. ;)

Hey, we're lucky it wasnt a post about a stuffed beaver in pink panties with a dryer sheet cape and huge fake boobs trying to figure out if he should have a mortgage or an annuity... :p

Congrats Brewer, I share BMG's thoughts on this. Imagine if it had been a spammer post and had been deleted by a moderator! Would we have torn a hole in the unviverse like when you use two easy buttons at once? :eek:

I'm shooting for the one-millionth post, myself. ;)

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Well, guess who went to Texas and cost me the winnings in the moderator's 100,000th post pool!

Well it would almost have to be the burger king...

Who had the double odds that he'd get it AND it'd be some sort of bragging?

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Well it would almost have to be the burger king...

Who had the double odds that he'd get it AND it'd be some sort of bragging?

Actually, after JG went to Texas and you resumed your old posting habits I predicted you would be the one and point it out as you did it. You were online at the time, but I guess you weren't watching the forum odometer.

We 3 moderators who were online at the time successively stopped posting; I don't guess we wanted to be #100k, but Martha decided to go for a quick post while the counter was stale for several minutes at 99995 and wound up being post 99999. D'oh!

By the way, this place is busy lately. It's 9:45pm and there are about 110 people online. When do we hit 200,000 posts? Next week? :eek:

Believe it or not, I dont really look at ANY of the odometers, especially my own.

I'm afraid I'd find i'm out of warranty.

Congrats Brewer. Bet we hit 200k a lot faster.

Back
Top Bottom