How to Follow a Forum's Member Posts?

how can I block a forum member from following me? how can one tell if a forum member is following/stalking you?

how can one tell if a forum member is following/stalking you?

Turn out your lights...creep along the floor on your hands and knees.....peek out the corner of the window to see if they're across the street.

(I haven't personally tried this approach, but that's how most of the posters I follow handle it.)

On the left, click on the member's name from any of his/her posts. You get a dropdown, and in there is a link for "Find More Posts by {member}"

You can also copy that link and save it to go straight to it in the future.

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community - Search Results

I don't think this is "following" in the sense the OP is asking about (and others seem worried about).

The above will let you see the recent posts by that person, but it doesn't pop up and alert you to new posts by that person, or anything like that. It's kind of a manual version.

edit/add - I have seen a "follow" option on other forums, never tried it, so I can't say exactly how it works.

-ERD50

Last edited:
how can I block a forum member from following me? how can one tell if a forum member is following/stalking you?

Boo!!!!

OK, it's almost Halloween! :LOL:

-ERD50 (who does not know how to follow anyone on this forum)

As far as I know there is no way to “follow” a user, in that you would get an email each time he/she posts similar to subscribing to a thread.

There is also no way I know of blocking a user from seeing your posts.

I've never found the need to follow an individual's posts for any reason, on any of the forums I belong to. Is this some sort of obsession, or you just want to be the first to reply on any subject that a certain, someone comments on ?

I've never found the need to follow an individual's posts for any reason, on any of the forums I belong to.

My take is that there are some members here who's perceptive on issues or subject matter expertise is so good that I would like to have a way to know they just posted something.

My take is that there are some members here who's perceptive on issues or subject matter expertise is so good that I would like to have a way to know they just posted something.

Aw, shucks. Now you’re just embarrassing me. [emoji12]

Do tell who that is!

Yoda does not surf the Web. I doubt that he has a computer, nor an Internet connection.

Here is a forum that allows for "following" a member:

https://www.physicsforums.com/whats-new/posts/51676/

You would need to be signed in, but if you click on a member profile, there is a "follow" button. I have not tried it yet, but I think I will. There are some people on there with remarkable insights. BTW, I don't even understand the titles of about 98% of those posts, but I do find a few that I can understand enough to learn from, and (very) occasionally contribute. I read some of the 98%, hoping to pick up something by osmosis :).

On that forum, in a post, you can also use an "@" sign to preface a member's name, and that member (if enabled) will get a notice that they have been mentioned in a post. That can be nice when a poster wants the attention of a subject matter expert, or just to alert them that someone responded to their post and that they may want to respond.

-ERD50

He does, but living in a galaxy far, far away his download speed is abysmal.
Good point.

And assuming that he has good software in order to block out a lot of ads to be able to connect at his 300-baud speed, his signal travel time will be such that by the time his post reaches earth, we will be all dead.

It depends on what your definition of a bear is.

There's a difference between a cartoon and a movie with CGI, I think.

Besides the technical difference, the former is mainly for kids and of low budgets. The latter's audience often includes adults, and costs hundreds of million to make.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom