I can't even scroll this fast

redduck

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

This problem only occurs (for me) on the ER website. The problem is I can only scroll up or down extremely (painfully) slowly. I have a mouse with a wheel. Once again, the wheel works everywhere else but here. I can scroll up and down at a regular speed by clicking the mouse when I'm in the far right vertical lane (?) on the screen. Any ideas about fixing this?

edit to add: the slow scrolling only occurs when I'm in the posting sections, it does not occur any place else on the ER website.

Last edited:
And the problem makes you dance?

Yes, it makes me dance (but, very slowly). Now that I think about it, it is kind of an odd side-effect. But, I was always under the impression that slow dancing was somehow more exciting and in some parts of the country, even forbidden (assuming that the slow dancing was done correctly).

This problem only occurs (for me) on the ER website. The problem is I can only scroll up or down extremely (painfully) slowly. I have a mouse with a wheel. Once again, the wheel works everywhere else but here. I can scroll up and down at a regular speed by clicking the mouse when I'm in the far right vertical lane (?) on the screen. Any ideas about fixing this?
It's a browser window. It will scroll the same amount as any other browser window. The load speed might be slower if the page here has more video content, and that might appear as a slower scroll speed.

Try reducing the number of posts to show per page in a thread. That option is found under User CP / Edit options / thread display options.

Last edited:
It's a browser window. It will scroll the same amount as any other browser window. The load speed might be slower if the window here has more video content, and that might appear as a slower scroll speed.

Try reducing the number of posts to show per page in a thread. That option is found under User CP / Edit options / thread display options.

Thanks. However, I am now down to 10 posts a page, but it's still slow. I should point out that the first turn of the wheel often works well and then after that it slows down--way down. Also hitting the up/down arrows on the keyboard always works well.

Are you perchance pressing down on the wheel which cause a 4-sided arrow cursor to show?

I swear that is me in 1958 at 2:08 in the video. :eek:

When I was watching the video for the fourth time, someone walked into the room and she said, "That's looks exactly like aja8888, except that guy isn't carrying a circular saw!!!"

Thanks for a blast from the past !

Oh yeah, it is a blast for the past--most likely never to be seen again. It's gonna' disappear with our generation.

Back
Top Bottom