Iphone app ugrade not advised

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I upgraded to the latest app version on my iPod. It seems slower and I have noticed problems like unlabeled buttons. I am going to revert asap.

Attachments

• image-2524628556.jpg
    image-2524628556.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 5
How odd. I haven't noticed any problems on my iPad or iPhone (yet?), but I'll keep my eyes open and report any that I come across. Just upgraded in the last day or two.

I just updated the app on my iPhone. No problem. Perhaps you need to reset your iPhone (Close all the open apps, then press the home and sleep buttons simultaneously until the iPhone turns off and the Apple reappears, about 10-15 seconds).

Last edited:
I have the same problem, but my blank push button is centered, not to the left on the page. I'm using a Touch and the app version is 1.4.0, it's been like this for weeks, but it's workable.

I reverted to the earlier version (1.4.7), and I'm quite sure it is significantly faster. In addition to the blank buttons, there were often large areas of whitespace at the end of some posts.

I reverted to the earlier version (1.4.7), and I'm quite sure it is significantly faster. In addition to the blank buttons, there were often large areas of whitespace at the end of some posts.

That's interesting, I checked my version using the Touch and checking the help-about, but there's no info there, so I looked at What's New and latest version is 1.4.0. Seems the only way to check the version is using Itunes-Apps-Get Info, which tells me I'm on version 1.5.12. So something between these two is out of sync. I know I've synced a fews times in the last week, so I'm thinking the app info is out of sync.

So how do you load or revert to an older version of this app?

I based the version number on the filename of the app file on my PC. To downgrade you do some file copying. Google "How to downgrade iPhone app" or something else like that for info.

The standard advice for resolving app issues (Idevices) is delete the app, then reload from itunes. We had an update to the appware at this end last week as well and I find that sometimes the app stops working properly after these updates, even when you update your device and a reload is required.

:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom