missing thread?

CincyDave

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There was a thread about the fed's comments yesterday on interest rates that I was reading this morning and now I can't find it. Has it been taken down? If so I'll quit looking. Thanks.

When a thread goes missing it has been taken offline temporarily for moderator review. We don't delete them.

it would be nice if the mods would just temporarily lock them instead of taking them offline.

like they do over at bogleheads :)

it would be nice if the mods would just temporarily lock them instead of taking them offline.

like they do over at bogleheads :)

There is a good reason for not doing that.
When a thread is taken offline it is usually because of a problematic post or two. When it's restored, those problematic posts will be gone (or possibly edited). Just as an example, you wouldn't want a profanity laden rant to stay visible in the interim.

Yes, I noticed that recently on a thread regarding a recently deceased actress. I had been thinking about how to temper my response (condolences to the family, while it being important to raise public awareness of the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs - the risk of alcohol is well known); when it disappeared and then reappeared - shut down.

Edited: Well, there ya' go. Locked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom