Private message failure

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am unable to respond to a "private" message nor am I able to send a "private" message to the individual. After composing the message and clicking "send," I am returned to the input screen to start the process over again.

What am I doing wrong?

It's possible the recipient has messages blocked or their message box is full. Try PM'ing an admin, including the name of the member you are writing too, they might be able to see more details?

It's possible the recipient has messages blocked or their message box is full. Try PM'ing an admin, including the name of the member you are writing too, they might be able to see more details?

I think what happened is my patience ran out before the system got around to posting my message. I did hear from the individual about an hour later.

It's not uncommon for web sites anywhere to do that. Even Amazon was being so slow for me today that I gave up on buying something. Ten minutes later all was well. I'm sure Amazon spends some serious money trying to prevent that from happening but it does anyway.

I’ve had something similar happening with my investment account. There are times recently when it takes a long time for the two factor authentication text to come through.

When things like this happen, I remind myself that it's still an awful lot faster and more convenient than it was a few decades ago!

Back
Top Bottom