Spell checker

You copy to Word, spellcheck, and copy back here.

Save a step by composing your message in WORD and then copy to here.

Grumpy

grumpy said:
Save a step by composing your message in WORD and then copy to here.

Grumpy

Save even more steps by using Firefox instead of Explorer. Spell check is included in the browser software.

REWahoo! said:
Save even more steps by using Firefox instead of Explorer. Spell check is included in the browser software.
REW beat me to it. I can't remember whether it is a feature of Firefox or a plug-in. Either way, it works fine. The potentially misspelled words have a red line under them. Right click and options to replace the word appear.

donheff said:
REW beat me to it. I can't remember whether it is a feature of Firefox or a plug-in. Either way, it works fine. The potentially misspelled words have a red line under them. Right click and options to replace the word appear.

Firefox built spell check into the latest version. Prior to that you needed a plug-in.

Sheryl said:
Can this be trusted?

I think so. I downloaded it sometime ago with no problems and it works well. Puts a spelling tool under "tools." My problem is that I never remember to use it.

Google shoveled me some tools recently in a Google toolbar. Included is a nifty spell checker. Anyone notice that my notorious spelling has improved:confused: ;)

Using a browser-based spell checker or Word is the way to go. The site software supposedly allows a spell check feature, but there are several complications and--believe it or not--secuirty concerns to implementing it. The security concerns are due to bad coding and a glue library that hasn't been kept up to date.

Pasting from Word used to cause problems with quotes and long hyphens showing up as odd characters in the forum, but I did a check recently and those problems seem to be gone now.

Martha said:
Wow Brat, I have the same thing and didn't notice it. Thanks.

Yeah, me too! It showed up on my home toolbar, but not work. Guess I haven't updated the work one.

Don't think so.

If you use Firefox instead of Internet Exploiter as your browser, you'll have a built-in spell checker.

Netscape Navigator 9 also has a built-in spell checker.

does the new forum software have a spell checker? If so how do you install it?

Sort of... if you are using Internet Explorer, you can down load a free program called iespell. It will mesh with our software and a little spell check icon will appear in your reply editor. It's a simple spell checker but highly useful.

Firefox and Thunderbird (Email) has a pretty good one built in -- to be completely redundant.

I don't know where it came from, but SOMETHING draws little doted red lines under my misspelled words in the Message box these days. It sure helps me!

Firefox? don't think so in my case. It started showing up after the Big Forum Software Upgrade.

I don't know where it came from, but SOMETHING draws little doted red lines under my misspelled words in the Message box these days. It sure helps me!

Firefox? don't think so in my case. It started showing up after the Big Forum Software Upgrade.

Ed, the red dotted line under misspelled words is a signature Firefox feature. Do you not use Firefox? Or are you using Firefox but just spelled everything OK prior to the software upgrade? ;)

Back
Top Bottom