Subscription notification links not scrolled to new posts

explanade

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I get emails for each thread I'm subscribed to.

So I click the link in the email and it loads the thread page and scrolls right to new posts.

Lately, when I click the links, it loads the last page of the thread but is scrolled at the top. I have to manually scroll down to see new posts.

Has forum settings changed recently?

Same think happening to me.

EDIT: It appears it does work correctly - eventually. It takes a good 15-20 seconds to decide to scroll down to the bottom automatically. Some big delay for some reason. By that time, though, my impatience has me scrolled down manually - then it jumps up and back down.

Last edited:
It’s working okay for me for both Chrome on a MacBook and Chrome on an iPad.

So here are a couple of links from email notifications I just got:

Hi, I've got fired today by megacorp...Looking for help... - Page 10 - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Update on Cord Cutting (Cable TV) - Page 11 - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Both of them when I click it loads the last page but scrolled to the top.

I have to go to the bottom to read the new posts, which are actually in the body of the email notifications themselves.

when you click them and it goes to the top, wait 30 seconds and see if it jumps down after a bit. The "still loading" indicator on the browser keeps spinning during this time as well.....

when you click them and it goes to the top, wait 30 seconds and see if it jumps down after a bit. The "still loading" indicator on the browser keeps spinning during this time as well.....

You may be right, seems slow to fully load.

So there's still a problem possibly, just different than I thought.

You may be right, seems slow to fully load.

So there's still a problem possibly, just different than I thought.

Seems it's not everyone. Could be a server linked to a geographical area.

I have a similar issue - speed to load and page position - on my iPhone and iPad, but not WinTel desktop.

I tried both those links and they went straight to the end of thread with no delay at all, using Chrome on my iPad.

Oh, they made change to the Safari browser for the processor issue. That would slow up computers.

Maybe that's what's happening.

I have been seeing slow loading of the site for the past few days. Just doing a page refresh using chrome, it shows connecting in the lower left corner for about 30 seconds after a bunch of ad connections scroll past then the page updates. Also when changing threads it does that and then goes to the top for a second then jumps down to bottom. Sometimes it stays showing "connecting..." and I stop the refresh. It looks like some ad server is getting hung up.

Actually, turns out my browser was misbehaving, not loading some other sites at all.

Now the post above this one loaded fine.

I have been having the same problem. When I click on a thread on the Recent Threads page it jumps to a post in that thread, in many cases the first post, and then takes 10-15 seconds to scroll down to the last post that I viewed. Normally this last part takes just a couple seconds.

Last edited:
Several folks have reported similar issues and it's worth noting that there have been substantial updates released in the past few days for every browser platform. Please run the updates and make sure your systems are current. The released patches are associated with JavaScript which is heavily used here at the forum.

Just updated JAVA. No change - still delayed scroll. Win10/Chrome up to date.

Same here. I checked that Chrome was up-to-date... I'm not sure how to check JavaScript.

Back
Top Bottom