User CP not working right with E-R mailbag post

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Hi all,

Not a big deal, but usually if I go to "User CP", click on the new posts link in an updated thread and view the thread, it disappears from my User CP.

That has always happened with regular threads, and is continuing to work fine with regular threads.

However, the post on the E-R mailbag thread doesn't currently work that way:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f32/from-the-e-r-mailbag-60202.html#post3039658

Even if I go to that thread multiple times from my User CP, the thread remains on my User CP and it thinks I haven't seen the post.

Not a big deal, really.

maybe a glitch in the matrix, are other posts moving? any change this morning?

I don't use the User CP screen for the same purpose, but there was definitely something weird going on with that particular post. I viewed it when it first came up. Then later in the evening. It showed up again in my list of unread Recent Threads. But when I looked at it, it had not changed at all. I haven't seen the issue again, last night or this morning.

maybe a glitch in the matrix, are other posts moving? any change this morning?

Everything works normally except that one post from Melanie. I use the User CP to catch up on threads that I'm involved in; once I've read the thread it clears until more posts show up. The Melanie post doesn't clear.

Still "broken" this morning.

Thank you for starting this thread, SecondCor521. It is happening with me, too. The thread won't clear from my User CP screen.

I made a post to the E-R Mailbag thread, and that fixed the problem for me. Weird.

It corrected itself for me.

Back
Top Bottom