Thread yanked

Carnage

Recycles dryer sheets
I started a new thread yesterday regarding a portfolio planner website I had found, but it looks like it was yanked, could someone just let me know why? Not looking to step on any toes and it's not my website.

Hey, glad to explain. When relatively new posters include links, the threads are automatically put into a "hold queue" to help hold down our spam on the forum.
The mod team is discussing your thread and checking it out now.
Thanks!

Okay, I don't know what I think about this website....I was under the impression you could enter in your portfolio line by line, there's no way I'm giving them my logon information.

Can anyone tell me why the thread regarding "HUD" was yanked too? I posted a reply on it, though I found the initial inquiry in the thread rather bizarre, I'm not sure it wanted a yank. Was it something I said?

Maybe because the tone of the thread was offensive, insulting and otherwise unsavory? Just a guess, mind you...:)

Bingo! Plus, the thread originator for that particular thread (a completely different thread from that we were discussing, and one not begun by Carnage) posted a request for thread deletion.

The Community Rules are useful in clarifying the reasoning behind various moderator actions. We work hard every day and every night at keeping the board within the parameters set forth by the Community Rules.

Might you consider putting it back?

I need some relief from treacle.

Ha

Just a friendly reminder to all that the Community Rules do state
Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator.

You can PM any of our moderators or admins when you have a concern and we would be glad to help you. Thank you for your adherence to the Community Rules that govern this forum. :)

Maybe because the tone of the thread was offensive, insulting and otherwise unsavory? Just a guess, mind you...:)

Oh well, I guess this all depends on the thickness of our skins. I'll admit the initial post was rather incendiary, but revealing, and the few remaining posts soon afterwards were equally revealing and yet could not be considered offensive, insulting or unsavory. I'm not complaining about the yanking of the thread -- I just wanted to know what precipitated it. After all, it was there for a day or so, and I thought a moderator was in the chain of a few replies. I think you all were correct to yank it after the last reply, which showed up in my email.

If the initial person who posted did ask for the deletion, I compliment him if he recognized obvious flaws in his inferences. I don't think malice or ill-will was intended by the post and I do hope we all learned something in the process.

Well, I don't remember anything offensive about the Hud thread. I did give an honest and sincere reply. Certainly no harm meant or implied in my post. Buy hay, I probably live in a slight haze or fog.
I'm really enjoying my personal fog in retirement,:whistle:
Steve

Might you consider putting it back?

I need some relief from treacle.

Ha

Well, I don't remember anything offensive about the Hud thread. I did give an honest and sincere reply. Certainly no harm meant or implied in my post.
Steve

The mystery is killing me. Like Haha, I could go for more 'meat' and less 'candy'. What I find offensive is that a few super-sensitive people get to shut down threads that they could simply ignore. Maybe that wasn't the case here, and the mods just did as they see fit, I dunno, since it's gone.

-ERD50

Just a friendly reminder to all that the Community Rules do state

You can PM any of our moderators or admins when you have a concern and we would be glad to help you. Thank you for your adherence to the Community Rules that govern this forum. :)

Does this mean we can't comment on a moderator's choice of avatar?

Does this mean we can't comment on a moderator's choice of avatar?

Well.... you can but like so many other tempting opportunities to offer an opinion in life, probably shouldn't.:)

new hair do
Kids new beau
bosses great plan for a cool re-org
that weird food someone cooked for you
etc.

Back
Top Bottom