Viewing all my posts

SecondAttempt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I posted a couple of years ago about being 2 years from retirement day. In the post I mentioned a few things I wanted to accomplish in the meantime. I don't expect anyone to remember it but I would like to find it to check up on myself. Is there a way to see all my posts? I've already gone through pretty much every forum and searched the forum for my username but have not found the post I am looking for.

Go to your profile and you can view all the threads you started and all your posts.

IMG_0605.jpeg

Its amazing to go back and look.... see the plans and then the reality of results.

I have always found the Search function to be robust.
Often, the Advanced Search option is even more useful.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 08.08.24.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 08.08.24.png
    69 KB · Views: 2
I always get lost trying to find that link to all of my posts. Eventually you find it, and it will look like:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=12690

The last five digits are different for each user, though.

I bookmark that link to make things easier.

That search results in a maximum of 8,000 posts, so anything prior to that isn't shown. As I recall, the decision was made to limit any "find all posts" search to 8,000 to save stress on the hard-working, underpaid electrons who labor to keep this site functioning.

It's a great tool. I use it often to check on posts in the past.

That search results in a maximum of 8,000 posts, so anything prior to that isn't shown. As I recall, the decision was made to limit any "find all posts" search to 8,000 to save stress on the hard-working, underpaid electrons who labor to keep this site functioning.

For those prolific members with more than 8k posts there is a way to get around the limit. Using the “advanced search” function, limit the search to one forum, such as “Fire and Money”, then specify one’s user name. It will still limit the results to 8000, but they will more likely include all one’s posts in that forum.

Last edited:
For those prolific members with more than 8k posts there is a way to get around the limit. Using the “advanced search” function, limit the search to one forum, such as “Fire and Money”, then specify one’s user name. It will still limit the results to 8000, but they will more likely include all ones posts in that forum.

Interesting!!! Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom