Who moderates the moderators ?

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
Just wondering who moderates what the moderators say ? A few times lately I 've been chastised by a moderator for general remarks that were taken personally .If I have to watch every word to avoid this situation the board will become more a pain for me than the enjoyment it is .

Moemg, Rich is correct - and all of us (mods and admins) fall under the guidance of Andy R, who owns the forum.

If you have an issue with any of us, the proper channel is to contact a mod or an admin via PM.

Moemg, Rich is correct - and all of us (mods and admins) fall under the guidance of Andy R, who owns the forum.

If you have an issue with any of us, the proper channel is to contact a mod or an admin via PM.
Thank you for the help. Also feel free to remove this thread as I now know how to proceed .

If I have to watch every word to avoid this situation the board will become more a pain for me than the enjoyment it is .
Yes, and if you start watching your words then this board will become less enjoyable!

Yes, and if you start watching your words then this board will become less enjoyable!

If Moemg gets chastised several times, I wonder how I have managed to skate along for this long. Is chastising the same as chastity belts?

Just wondering who moderates what the moderators say ? A few times lately I 've been chastised by a moderator for general remarks that were taken personally .If I have to watch every word to avoid this situation the board will become more a pain for me than the enjoyment it is .

I enjoy moemg's posts and have seen nothing even slightly offensive in them. I read only posts whose topics interrest me and may not have read all of them or perhaps some are too sensitive.

I have never seen anything offensive in Moemg's posts either. But I have to say being a Moderator must be a thankless job. There are so many posts for them to keep up with and the actions I have seen were defensible or entirely appropriate IMO. They've called me out a few times via PM and whether I agreed or not, their reasons were defensible, they've never been biased or arbitrary. The last time although I acknowledged it was not original, but I cut-n-pasted long quotes from other sources twice without thinking or remembering the policy about that here, they were right to call me out.

I have been on other forums where participants are allowed to do whatever they want, and a few bad apples can destroy a forum if they are not checked. We can't expect them to be perfect, and if they err on the side of caution that's OK by me. It's not as if a single post or thread any of us contributes is that important in the overall scheme of things. The Moderators here all seem to be bright, reasonable people. Without them the forum would devolve into unnecessary chaos that would make this place miserable - so I appreciate the role they play for us. My 2¢...

Yep, it's hard to recall anything Moe ever wrote that I would find offensive - I enjoy her posts very much. Actually pretty darn funny when she's in the right mood ;).

Thanks for calling us bright and reasonable, Midpack! You don't know us very well, obviously!

The mods here are all participants in the forum, and as such, enjoy the same rights and responsibilities as their fellow posters. It wouldn't be much fun recruiting mods if we were to muzzle them upon conferring mod status, you know?

I know that I appreciate the remarks like Midpack has made, acknowledging the work put in by our mod team, and I hope that any problems that members have with mods in the future are addressed via PM to the administrators.

I know that I appreciate the remarks like Midpack has made, acknowledging the work put in by our mod team, and I hope that any problems that members have with mods in the future are addressed via PM to the administrators.

Absolutely , I had no idea that was what was expected .I also agree that moderating is a hard job and we are lucky to have people to do it .

I also wonder what Moemg got moderated for? :confused:

As for me, I have never been moderated. But then, I am always a "nice guy". :angel:

I also wonder what Moemg got moderated for? :confused:

My understanding could be wrong -- but I don't think it was a question of her being moderated, but of wanting to know who makes sure the moderators are eating their own cooking when it comes to following the Community Rules -- that they are following the same rules they are enforcing -- and where someone should go if they take issue with the words or actions of a mod.

That's a fair question, and I think it's been answered.

OK.

I would just ignore a moderator's post if it bothers me, just like any other poster. :whistle:

OK.

I would just ignore a moderator's post if it bothers me, just like any other poster. :whistle:

You can't put a moderator or administrator on official ignore but what you suggest is what I would do, just skip over posts from people who annoy me and maybe go back and skim for context.

Good suggestion, and essentially what I do. I don't use the official ignore list feature these days.

But there a very small group of members whose posts I find so consistently irrelevant to me that I rarely read them. I'd do the same whether it was a moderator or not. And, yeah, a couple whose style I find just downright obnoxious to read so I don't.

I find that 99.9% of posts are helpful, interesting, fun and/or useful to read. I guess I'm more of a browser who occasionally dives into a thread, rather than a reader who chases down all the posts since last login.

The mods here are all participants in the forum, and as such, enjoy the same rights and responsibilities as their fellow posters. It wouldn't be much fun recruiting mods if we were to muzzle them upon conferring mod status, you know?

No comment..........:LOL::LOL:

I believe that they are covered by the local union UMU (United Moderators Union) and their prevailing contract disallows any criticism from the herd of posters. Not sure about the stimulus package aspects and whether or not they may be required to renegotiate the contract like the UAW has to do.

I believe that they are covered by the local union UMU (United Moderators Union) and their prevailing contract disallows any criticism from the herd of posters. Not sure about the stimulus package aspects and whether or not they may be required to renegotiate the contract like the UAW has to do.
I can't speak for the other moderators, but my contract calls for a quarterly bonus that's 50% of my base pay.

You can't put a moderator or administrator on official ignore but what you suggest is what I would do, just skip over posts from people who annoy me and maybe go back and skim for context.

As mentioned in earlier posts, I do not have anyone on the ignore list, moderators or not. In fact, I have not found any moderator's post offensive or annoying.

Occasionally, I ran across some annoying posts, particularly during the election, but I have learned to be amused by other people's thinking rather than to get upset by it. Life is too short, and I am already of the somber type in real life. I do not come here to offend or to get upset by anyone.

you can't? hmmm, that would have been a helpful little piece of information a few months ago...:D

If Moemg gets chastised several times, I wonder how I have managed to skate along for this long.

Recently had my first deleted post. I can commend the mods it was good one to delete.

As OAG said though I think he may have plagarized from Rodney King "can't we all just get along"

Back
Top Bottom