Saving Firecalc Data

Patches

Confused about dryer sheets
This is a basic question. How do I save my data from session to session? I don't want to reenter it each time.

Hmm. I tried this but, not sure how it works.

Basically, you’re copying a link that contains your data. You just enter it like any other web site link and go.

Hmm. I tried this but, not sure how it works.

What I do left-click (hold) where it says "Link to this set of data" and drag it to my desktop. That makes an icon for whichever browser I'm using on my desktop. I rename the URL icon to something like "FIRECalc 010622" and then file it in a FIRECalc folder. Double-click to open and your saved model is there.

What I do left-click (hold) where it says "Link to this set of data" and drag it to my desktop.

This ^^

I just started playing with this feature. It's great! Only difference is I right-click and use the "save link as" (or whatever) option and save it directly to my FIRECalc folder. No moving it from the desktop.

I also name things YYYYMMDD, instead of MMDDYYYY. This way they sort in the correct order.

Last edited:
I copy that link and email it to myself. Then every time I change/update something I reply to that email with the new link.

Back
Top Bottom