2022 ACA re-enrollment

pirsquared

Recycles dryer sheets
I re-enrolled for 2022 on healthcare.gov, but I am still getting increasingly urgent reminder emails. I completed the application on Nov. 29 and then got emails to come back and choose a plan, which I did on December 5. However, I am still getting multiple reminder emails. I tried calling today, but did not have time to remain on hold. When I log in to healthcare.gov, it shows that my 2022 application is complete AND it shows our new chosen plan as active for 2022. It seems like everything is in order, but the reminder emails are coming multiple times a day now, and they seem to imply that I have not yet chosen a plan. is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. Ignore the reminder emails. They'll stop in a few days.

The same thing is happening to me. I did go in and reselect the same plan I had last year and updated my estimated income. Since then I have received my new id card for my 2022 plan from the insurance company so I know I can ignore all those emails and calls that say I have not chosen a plan.

Same here. I enrolled last week and am still receiving the email reminders. I changed plans. I went to the new insurance companies website, made my first payment then made sure the payment showed in my CC account. More annoying is they are asking for proof of income by March. I submitted the same income I had last year. Kind of a hassle and one more thing that could go wrong in the process.

We've been on Medicare since early 2020 and we are still getting reminder emails from HealthCare.gov. We get them on the email address used for our old ACA account and all the other email addresses from all the extra accounts we used trying to get anything done that first year in 2014 when the website was so awful and nothing worked.

I expect this will stop soon when the deadline passes. For now I just delete them.

This was my first year in buying an individual health care plan on the healthcare.gov marketplace.

I was also a bit nervous that I was really done.

I called the insurance company that I selected and they were able to find a new "enrolle ID" for me. At this point I felt quite good. A week later I received my first billing statement for the new insurance company which I paid with a paper check so that I would have a tangible proof of payment once it was cashed and processed through my bank.

Bottom line, don't worry about what the healthcare.gov marketplace is saying as long as the actual insurance company that you selected acknowledges you as a customer for the 2022 year -- especially if they will generate a billing statement for the new period.

-gauss

Thanks for all the replies! They were very reassuring. Also, our new cards just arrived and our new balance for January just showed up on the insurance company's website. So now I know we are all set.

Will it be obvious if they are asking for proof of income? There was not a request in our "Eligibility Notice" or in any email, so does that mean they do not need proof this year?

Thanks for all the replies! They were very reassuring. Also, our new cards just arrived and our new balance for January just showed up on the insurance company's website. So now I know we are all set.

Will it be obvious if they are asking for proof of income? There was not a request in our "Eligibility Notice" or in any email, so does that mean they do not need proof this year?

Yes. The request for income verification was on my Eligibility notice.

The reminders are scary but I've learned to ignore them.

My option is to just default into the same BCBS plan as last year.

Least year was the first time I ignored as prior years the emails would make a afraid something would fall through the cracks and I'd sign up for the one I'd default to anyhow.

I got nervous this morning when I received an email indicating the invoice for my January 2022 insurance premium was generated for the insurance company that I am leaving in 2022. I've signed up with a different company and have already paid the new company for January. I am relying on Pennsylvania's ACA exchange (pennie.com) to handle the termination of my 2021 policy as of January 1st -- as they indicated they would do.

So I rushed to open up the invoice to see if I could find out why they were billing me if I'm leaving their coverage. Luckily, it was simply an invoice showing I paid for December 2021 and that my "amount due" was now $0.

Whew. I really didn't want to have to try and figure out how to solve a problem with seamlessly transitioning to the new company. It looks like it is working smoothly so far.

I got nervous this morning when I received an email indicating the invoice for my January 2022 insurance premium was generated for the insurance company that I am leaving in 2022. I've signed up with a different company and have already paid the new company for January. I am relying on Pennsylvania's ACA exchange (pennie.com) to handle the termination of my 2021 policy as of January 1st -- as they indicated they would do.

So I rushed to open up the invoice to see if I could find out why they were billing me if I'm leaving their coverage. Luckily, it was simply an invoice showing I paid for December 2021 and that my "amount due" was now $0.

Whew. I really didn't want to have to try and figure out how to solve a problem with seamlessly transitioning to the new company. It looks like it is working smoothly so far.

Yesterday I received an invoice for next year's insurance premium from my current insurance provider. I signed up with a different company for 2022 also. Except my invoice was for over $600.

I called my current insurance company to straighten it out, and they said I had to work with healthcare.gov. I contacted healthcare.gov, and the customer rep didn't know why I received the invoice, there was no record on my account, and I needed to fix it with my current insurance company. Ugh.

I said I was stuck in the middle, with each organization pointing to the other. The customer rep suggested I speak to a supervisor, they might have another option.

After explaining my situation to the supervisor, they stated that healthcare.gov automatically signs the client up with their current insurance company's closest policy for the next year. This is to avoid missing the signup deadline. The supervisor saw I had signed up before the deadline with another insurance company, and a cancellation would be processed with the company I did not select. This is done automatically. The supervisor mentioned they had a lot of cancellations to process this year.

So...I'll be keeping tabs on this situation.

Back
Top Bottom