healthcare.gov/ACA enrollment reminders

Spock

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Every year I go onto healthcare.gov early in the enrollment window, get qualified, chose a plan, and away we go.
But they keep spamming me with emails every week saying my enrollment is incomplete or "finish your 2023 application" or similar. Which triggers a did-I-miss-something moment and a mild panic that I screwed up.

So I log back in to healthcare.gov and it says I'm enrolled.
Anybody else on ACA that gets constant enrollment reminders weeks after you enrolled?

I get my ACA from a broker, all done on day 1 and have done for years. I Still get reminders from Healcare.gov, I just ignore them.

I have had the same problem each year I have used ACA. I do not know how to make it stop and neither do they it seems. At this point, I'm hoping it will stop when I start Medicare.

Yes. I have that problem. I always thought it was due to having more than one login id over the years.

I always feel relief when I pay the first premium.
-gauss

Happened to me every year - this year I answered the phone when they called, I said I was just staying with the same plan - so nothing to do. I asked if I’ll still get reminders- they said yeah but then said if I wanted to be removed from notifications- I said yes and now crickets!

I agree - I don’t remember it being this bad before. Not only lots of inaccurate emails telling me to enroll or pay or choose PCP, but I also get a ton of snail mail, too. Much of it has to do with our 2022 plan being discontinued and another plan being selected for us. Even though I enrolled with a different plan, I still get lots of inaccurate notices about having a plan automatically selected. Top that off with mail and email from the plan we actually enrolled in, most of which is inaccurate because we’ve already paid for the 1st month’s premium.

I've had a couple of voicemails reminding me but I think they are spam calls trying to steal my personal information.

I was nervous in the past but now I just do nothing as I know that defaults to the BCBS plan I already have. Already did the task of checking if other alternatives and there aren't any for what I want. I receive my next year's BCBS card in the mail the other day.

I haven't even signed on this year to healthcare.gov and no need to.

I have been getting reminders but BCBS finally mailed me a confirmation for the 2023 plan I selected. All good.

Yes, I've had exactly the same and it's very unnerving.

As it wasn't simple to pay the first 2023 premium online I thought I would wait for the new insurance company to contact me - like it says they will. But, 3 weeks after signing up I had still heard nothing. So, I thought I had better call the insurance company - they had no record of my signing up for a policy with them! I was referred to healthcare.gov who confirm that all is well and I will be hearing after 15th December.

I agree, I wish they wouldn't keep sending emails asking me to 'finish my application' when I've already done it!

This post makes me feel better. I went through the annual rigamarole right away on MNSure to upload last year’s tax returns, project next year’s income and whatnot. Before I even compared insurance plans, we received our 2023 cards renewing our current plan. It’s still what we want, so the fine print says “Do nothing more.” Yet I still get notices that I need to choose plans.

I’ve probably received 8 MNSure letters so far this cycle, plus time on the website and one 30 minute conversation about our income.

The first year I did it I was a bit confused, but now I know that they don't consider it "done" until the first payment, so I just delete the reminders.

they start pestering me in October or November to renew but I am wise to them now and don't do it until after Dec 1. Last time I tried to renew in November they cancelled my current plan and put me on Medicaid.

Back
Top Bottom