7 More Weeks in the Boot............

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
met with my ortho on June 5th. He says the bone is slowly healing so he wants to wait until July 24th, and see where we are at. So, 7 more weeks in the Aircast boot.

Because I injured an "articulating" surface (his words), he thinks as long as it is healing to wait and see if it will rebuild the bone surface on its own before we consider surgery..............I can't fault that logic.........

Glad to hear your healing .The boot must be driving you crazy in this heat !

It's hot, and I also found out that I had to loosen the straps while flying, as it gets tight.

So far, my Coolmax boot liners from Cabelas are working well.......:)

So I must be patient..........

I guess this means you can't play golf? :eek:

One would think so, but I played in two scrambles this past week, and I won the long drive contest in one...........:eek::D

The long irons and woods are fine, but I have problems with the swing plane on the short irons, and am hooking the heck out of them...........:p

I've been wearing an Aircast Walking Brace since Oct '91 for a Charcot Joint (ankle and foot bones separate due to diabetes). I hardly notice it's there anymore except when some wit asks if I hurt my foot while kicking my dog or my wife. So far, this has occurred about 10,000 times.

I don't feel it's hot because I have no feeling below the knees anymore so it's not too bad. When I first got it, I drove a standard and would occasionally hit the brake and the clutch at the same time... Did notice that it got tight in a plane too.

Mike D.

Back
Top Bottom